Honored Contributor

Re: Your Prices Are Too High

I agree prices are getting out of reach for many, but why complain? No one is making you shop there.

We all have choices, for now.  If we don't patronize our local stores, they will go out of business and we won't have as many or no choice.

This is America where we have a free enterprise system.  I would like to see it remain that way without any interference.

It is up to us as individuals to make wise choices for ourselves and shop responsibility.

Honored Contributor

Let's face it, the people who shop at the Q with any regularity have a lot of disposable income, I would say mostly senior citizens. QVC should be worried when those people no longer remember to place an order. LOL Yes, the prices are too high for people on a budget and unless you buy on sale you do not get a bargain from the Q. I personally do not like to shop for clothes in the stores, the stuff is junk and it too is expensive. At least the Q's quality is still pretty good.

Respected Contributor

The hype on top of the high prices is EASY PAY. I just do not understand as pay now or later you still have to pay and five payments does not lessen the cost as just extends the time to pay. I guess if Easy Pay is a deciding factor on a purchase of a $200 handbag I do not need it. It has been a constant promotion.

Respected Contributor

I agree with the OP.  The shopping channels are wayyyy higher priced now.  I rarely buy anything anymore.   But it’s ok, maybe good, because I’m trying clear out, not accumulate more, and the prices make it easier!  So thanks QVC for making it easy to buy nothing! 

Occasional Contributor

The prices are too high if we are all responding.  Unfortunately, this will not change because there are people are can afford them.  This past year, I shop on clearance and on the rare shopping days when there is free shipping.  Sometimes, I can get a better deal at the mall and avoid the shipping and handling fees.  That really gets to me! The refunds cost is the worst!  When the hosts claim that there are "free" exhanges, they never mention, of course, that the availability of the item we are looking for will be available;  it takes a LONG time for QVC to process the exchanges (or at least it seems that way).  Basically, I try to shop on-line to avoid the "sales pitches" and try to play the video so that I can get a better idea about the product.  OF COURSE, I always rely on our customer feedback and ratings.  I may not always agree but, at least we're honest.