Frequent Contributor

Your prices are too high. No one wants to pay 200.00 for a handbag, 60.00 to 100.00 on a top and don't get me started on your skincare. Go back to your roots where things were affordable for the average consumer and bring back the quality too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Your Prices Are Too High

Let's not forget vendors & Q people who think it's okay to now charge $100 for a simple jean jacket, $60 for a plain old teeshirt dress, SG tank tops at $60-$70.

Who in the world thinks these clothes here are now worth these prices. We used to be able to 'build wardrobes' with liquid knits - pants, tops and suit jackets to look nice in. We haven't been able to do this in 5 years or so. We cannot even think about a skirt & jacket, trousers and sweater, a good looking dress and pumps under $100.00.

Those of us who 'grew up' with this shopping channel don't shop here anymore because it is just impossible to do. Back to brick & mortar we go.

Valued Contributor

I used to shop QVC and feel good about the prices but now I buy either clearance or special deals only.  It is not just fashion.  Food is ridiculous!  When six chicken casseroles are over $10.00 per meal and  I can buy similar at the local grocery store at 4/$10.00 I will shop locally.  Cookware and appliances are cheaper elsewhere with free shipping.  Overall it has become disappointing.  

Esteemed Contributor

The Q in QVC stands for Quality.The V stands for Value!! What the heck happened?

The whole point of shopping networks was to offer quality items at better prices than you can buy out in retail. Because of the size of the audience they reach their buying power facilitates competitive pricing.They save money & pass it on to the customer.

That was the original premise.Not anymore.I think greed has taken over.

I have found that brick & mortar as well as various online cites are cheaper.

QVC are you paying attention?

Respected Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

I used to shop QVC and feel good about the prices but now I buy either clearance or special deals only.  It is not just fashion.  Food is ridiculous!  When six chicken casseroles are over $10.00 per meal and  I can buy similar at the local grocery store at 4/$10.00 I will shop locally.  Cookware and appliances are cheaper elsewhere with free shipping.  Overall it has become disappointing.  

You are very fortunate to be able to get cordon bleu or florentine chicken casseroles in your area for $2.50 each. Stores here don't offer any sort of casseroles. If I want a casserole, I have to buy ingredients and make it myslef.

Valued Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Let's not forget vendors & Q people who think it's okay to now charge $100 for a simple jean jacket, $60 for a plain old teeshirt dress, SG tank tops at $60-$70.

Who in the world thinks these clothes here are now worth these prices. We used to be able to 'build wardrobes' with liquid knits - pants, tops and suit jackets to look nice in. We haven't been able to do this in 5 years or so. We cannot even think about a skirt & jacket, trousers and sweater, a good looking dress and pumps under $100.00.

Those of us who 'grew up' with this shopping channel don't shop here anymore because it is just impossible to do. Back to brick & mortar we go.

This.  I haven't placed an order w/QVC in over 3 years.

Honored Contributor

It's a free country.  If your budget can't  handle QVC prices, go shop somewhere else.  There are plenty of people willing to drop $200 on a handbag.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I am convinced the higher prices are due to having 2 or 3 people present every item.  In the old days there was 1, rarely 2.   They have to make up those labor costs someway . . . 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Frequent Contributor

WOW, you don't have to be nasty about it. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, prices are high here--but also everywhere!

Savvy shoppers wait for sales and cost compare. 

Sometimes one must pay higher costs for a designer's name.

I RARELY pay full-price for anything unless it is under $50.00.

BTW, there are many women who drop THOUSANDS on a handbag--not sure why--but status handbags have a huge cult following around the world!

I have become a great fan of the QVC lunchtime and evening specials.