Honored Contributor

You know what this board needs? A SPELL CHECK

The auto-correct or whatever is on here now just compounds my typos.  I proof read something I typed in a big hurry and am amused at what I end up with.  I've also seen work from others that seems to have suffered the same fate.  

Honored Contributor

Re: You know what this board needs? A SPELL CHECK

[ Edited ]

There is a spell check and it almost always works for me.

The problem is your device, not QVC

@depglass wrote:

The auto-correct or whatever is on here now just compounds my typos.  I proof read something I typed in a big hurry and am amused at what I end up with.  I've also seen work from others that seems to have suffered the same fate.  

Honored Contributor

I have spell check.  ABC up above

Honored Contributor

There is a spell checck, it comes up automatically when the message box appears.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I use my Amazon Fire to type. Use the spell check and go to hit post and my Fire changes the spelling. I have finally given up since it appears the "Fire" wants to have the last word!

Honored Contributor

I think the problem is your device.  To use the forum's spell-check, click on the small "ABC" when you're composing your post.

spellcheck.JPG

Honored Contributor

@rms1954Thank you for that -  it's so blurred for me I had no idea we had spellcheck!  Is it sort of new?

Honored Contributor

Thanks !  I don't know what 90% of those symbols above mean, just font size.  I don't even know how to color my print.  Anyone?  Hey, I found it !

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@rms1954Thank you for that -  it's so blurred for me I had no idea we had spellcheck!  Is it sort of new?

Not new.  It's always been there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, there is a spell check, but it has problems with a few words like "Internet."  

It underlines the word in red as misspelled, but replaces it with the same spelling.  

It even marks QVC and HSN as spelled wrong.  

I also like when it blocks out letters of a word that contains an "offensive" word as part of its spelling.  

Example:  F A G E Greek yogurt.  ******E.

IMO, this is rather offensive to Greeks who named the yogurt and it's one of the best selling yogurts in the U.S. The name of this product is not spelled ******E.  Who would even know what that is.  

Never saw this type of censuring done anywhere before.  Just making a point of how absurd I think this is.  All spell check needs to do is look for a letter(s) to the left and/or right of the offensive word.  If there are any, let the word pass.