Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know but when I watch late-night clearance shows or do an online search for clearance, small and extra small sizes are all they offer.  I think they order too many of these sizes.

Yes, and a lot of the lunch time specials only have the smallest and biggest sizes.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Nixmom...I just looked at the M. Stewart blouse that was being shown on air....I looked at the measurements and the xxs is the size I would need to order!! and at that it's about 1" bigger than what I would really need!   I am no where near that size, but the bust measurements fall in my bust size....it's ridiculous.

I thought about ordering the TSV BF Dreams shrug - in that item I would need the large size....the sizing makes no sense to me.....it's irritating.

Respected Contributor

The average American woman wears medium to large size clothing.  I imagine the Q orders those sizes in large quantities and less in xxs, so xxs sells out quickly.  ! do have to giggle when hosts proudly announce they wear xxs, but when modeling the garment that has buttons or a zipper in front, they usually are never buttoned or zipped.  There is one host in particular who says she wears S or even XS;  there is no way possible!  We can see!  LOL!  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know but when I watch late-night clearance shows or do an online search for clearance, small and extra small sizes are all they offer.  I think they order too many of these sizes.

It probably has a lot to do with what the shopper is looking for. The items I'm interested in are usually sold out in the smaller sizes first. I'm sure certain styles/designers are more popular with one end of the spectrum than the other.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Valued Contributor

They don't order too many of the XXS and XS....the problem that you see where those sizes are left over is because the world, and QVC's customers (many many are) so over-weight and now I am seeing QVC selling 5X  Huge sizes and wide wide shoes are QVC's normal......they should now be called Elaine Bryant.  I'm sorry, but I work so hard to keep myself in shape that I find this new obesity standards disgusting.....I'm sure I will get hate mail about this......oh well......someone needs to speak up.

Trusted Contributor

@grooms wrote:

They don't order too many of the XXS and XS....the problem that you see where those sizes are left over is because the world, and QVC's customers (many many are) so over-weight and now I am seeing QVC selling 5X  Huge sizes and wide wide shoes are QVC's normal......they should now be called Elaine Bryant.  I'm sorry, but I work so hard to keep myself in shape that I find this new obesity standards disgusting.....I'm sure I will get hate mail about this......oh well......someone needs to speak up.

I tend to agree. I'm also tired of subsidizing plus sized clothing. The Q's clothing prices are no longer a value, partially because everyone pays the same price. I suspect it's a bargain for someone wearing a 2X and having limited choices. And now 5X.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

Obesity is the reason Americans suffer more than other countries with diabetes, cancer and heart attacks.  My mother was obese and died too young because of it; additionally she suffered with a leg amputated due to her diabetes and than a stroke.  Those images make me very conscious of what I eat and trust me I am like anyone else and love food!

@grooms wrote:

Honored Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@grooms wrote:

I tend to agree. I'm also tired of subsidizing plus sized clothing. The Q's clothing prices are no longer a value, partially because everyone pays the same price. I suspect it's a bargain for someone wearing a 2X and having limited choices. And now 5X.

@grooms@Love to Run. Maybe you all should suggest to QVC that they charge more money for the 'huge' sizes. You  can pay less for your skinny sizes. Edited to add, many clothing catalogs charge more for larger sizes. I'm sure you've noticed.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@grooms wrote:

@grooms@Love to Run. Maybe you all should suggest to QVC that they charge more money for the 'huge' sizes. You  can pay less for your skinny sizes. Edited to add, many clothing catalogs charge more for larger sizes. I'm sure you've noticed.

Most retailers charge more for larger sizesof ANYTHING requiring more materials for production, from towels and sheets to rugs and draperies. Any retailer that doesn't will just recover that revenue by charging higher prices for all sizes. QVC has apparently found a model that works for them, it just doesn't work for me in many cases.

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Contributor

I should have included that I usually need to order PXXS clothing.  Often the items are so large that I have to return them.  I suspect that this is the reason many items show up on the Clearance List.  The measurements given on air are often not quite accurate. Vanity sizing is alive and well!