Trusted Contributor

Would be so nice if the Q offered coupons

[ Edited ]

I have wondered about the Q never getting on board with other stores and offering the customers a coupon discount for several days?  They could announce it on their website and also on live tv.  This would really stimulate their sales and make the customer happy. 

I know I always look forward to the 30% off coupon that Kohl's offers and the free shipping.  They do it for over a week at a time and sometimes more often than once a month plus the Kohls Kash you can use. Even Ebay will have discounts periodically such as 8 or 10% off. Evine also does it from time to time and JTV.  I have bought very nice well made clothes from Coldwater Creek when the would send the customers a coupon code to use.  I would then order all my wish list items and was thrilled knowing I save x amount of dollars, a good feeling!

I know I am much more likely to shop when I am getting a discount.  This is just a thought but I know it will go nowhere at all.  Maybe one of these days the Q will wonder why sales are down at times; like I said just a suggestion.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: would be nice if the Q offered coupons

If only we could have everything we wish.

Respected Contributor

Coupons would be great.  We'll get those when we get fast, free shipping on every order.

Trusted Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Coupons would be great.  We'll get those when we get fast, free shipping on every order.

Like I was thinking to myself; "yeah dream on tadpole you going to be a whale someday lol".  I would literally drop over if the Q ever did that, not going to happen!

Trusted Contributor

Agree.  When HSN sends me a coupon, I always check the site for something I had looked at before.

Trusted Contributor

@lrmuffin wrote:

Agree.  When HSN sends me a coupon, I always check the site for something I had looked at before.

Exactly! I often have a saved "wish List" just for that sole purpose.

Honored Contributor

QVC used to send out Birthday Cards with a discount code that could be used during your birthday month.

They no longer do that.  I guess as long as people are willing to pay full price and s&h, they have no need to.  Lots of people complain, but they still shop.

I got a BD card and coupon code this month from HSN for my birthday.  Haven't used it yet, not sure if I will, but it was appreciated. 

Honored Contributor

No, No a thousand times NO!  I dislike coupons and discount codes!

Back to some customers get them, some don't etc etc.  Not fair!  Code won't work, coupon expired....

I'd much rather have a system of free shipping on orders of $$ amount.  Free shipping all year once you spend $$....something like that.

Super Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

No, No a thousand times NO!  I dislike coupons and discount codes!

Back to some customers get them, some don't etc etc.  Not fair!  Code won't work, coupon expired....

I'd much rather have a system of free shipping on orders of $$ amount.  Free shipping all year once you spend $$....something like that.

OMG! - I'm so with you....I CANNOT STAND COUPONS!....Belk, SteinMart, Kohls...they all have way too many EXCLUSIONS and I'm over it!....I would rather you just do your markdown/special from the beginning instead of having to show a coupon.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Would be so nice if the Q offered coupons

And if QVC did this, it would be another bone of contention for many customers.  They would have issues with what was allowed and not allowed on the coupons, etc.

I think QVC has more to deal with right now.  They need to get several things straight.

I am not seeing it happening though.