Honored Contributor

👢 Work boot type shoes👢

It would be very helpful for those of us who live in parts of the country that get "cold/freezing" weather if the shoe vendor advises us if work boots are comfortable when wearing thick socks or just plain socks.  Also, if you need to size up if you did wear thick socks.

I don't know anybody who would wear these type of work boots w/o socks of some kind like the QVC models do 99% of the time.  Are they wearing footies?

These are the types of work boots I am fonting about....

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at Fri, Sep 16, 2016-6.02.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-16 at Fri, Sep 16, 2016-6.04.54 PM.png

Me personally, I have both of those type boots which I purchased at a shoe store.  I specifically wore thick socks to make sure the boots would be comfortable when trying on.  I had to go up 1/2 size of my normal size to get the comfort I wanted.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 👢 Work boot type shoes👢

I've noticed none of the vendors mention anything about special cold weather insulation like thinsulate.  I assume Q'so boot are strictly fashion items and not serious utility boots.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've noticed none of the vendors mention anything about special cold weather insulation like thinsulate.  I assume Q'so boot are strictly fashion items and not serious utility boots.

I believe fashion looks.  They did mention several times to go up if you plan on wearing heavier sock.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

I believe fashion looks.  They did mention several times to go up if you plan on wearing heavier sock.

I have yet to hear any of the shoe vendors mentioning that.  Or a hostess for that matter. It should be mentioned as they are talking about sizes at each & every presentation.

Don't get me started on those European sizes.  That's another post...

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac yes, they should.  The Miz Mooz brand which aired last night mentioned at every presentation of every style.  As for the Clark's, it was mentioned occasionally.