Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

I can see the date the thread was started under each topic.  What am I missing?

OP is talking about before she opens the thread so she doesn't have to bother opening it at all if it's an old post brought up.

I think it's a good idea as well.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Re: Wish the date the thread was started would be listed under the author's name of each thread

@lucymo that's so weird.  We see different things.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wish the date the thread was started would be listed under the author's name of each thread

@sparklestar wrote:

@lucymo that's so weird.  We see different things.

@sparklestar  Wonder if it's us or our devices that's weird.  lol

I know there's times when people post that they can't see something and I go check and it's fine for me.  It is weird.

Respected Contributor

@debic wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

OP is talking about before she opens the thread so she doesn't have to bother opening it at all if it's an old post brought up.

I realize that.  I can see the title, the date it started, who started it and the person who last commented w/the date they commented.  I can see all that before I open the post.

Respected Contributor

ThIs request has been a thread topic at least twice before. I posted on both of them hoping a mod would help us. Hopefully it will happen this time. It would be appreciated and deter bumping of old threads.

Respected Contributor

I and others have asked repeatedly for that start date to be shown BEFORE we click to open the thread.  Nothing has been done about it.

What I'm trying to do, if I remember each time I create a topic, is to put the start date in the topic title.

Like this:   10/16/16.  " Wish the date the thread was started would be listed under the author's name."

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@debic wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

I realize that.  I can see the title, the date it started, who started it and the person who last commented w/the date they commented.  I can see all that before I open the post.

LOL, sorry.  I can't see it on any device I use.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

When I go to "view all forum topics", I see the date and time for the original post. However, if I go to a category under forums such as "suggestion box" then I do not see any date or time for the original post only the date and time of the last OP. I am mostly using an IPad  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beansey wrote:

When I go to "view all forum topics", I see the date and time for the original post. However, if I go to a category under forums such as "suggestion box" then I do not see any date or time for the original post only the date and time of the last OP. I am mostly using an IPad  

I think this is the difference, @Beansey.    It's dependant upon what we choose from the column on the left side of the page and it's the forum software design (not device-specific).   For nearly all the choices, such as "Jewelry," "Community Chat," etc., the only date/time stamp we see in the list of threads is the one to the far right above the name of the person who last posted.    And that's the date/time of the most recent post to the thread.   The only exception I've seen is when I click/tap on "Forums" (just below "Blogs & Forums") and then at the bottom of all the threads click/tap "View All Forum Posts."   If I do this, I'll see the date/time of the original post.

(This link might work to display in real time what I'm referencing:  http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread/interaction-style/forum.)

Regarding the request in general, it's one that's been discussed often since the launch of the new platform.   Just my opinion, but I think what we see is the standard package QVC purchased and I don't think this change will be forthcoming.    It likely would require too many customized software adaptations, and in the past 16 months since the new forums were created we've seen no movement toward such modifications.    This is a good idea, as is the suggestion to lock old threads... but I'm doubtful we'll see it adopted.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

@dooBdoo yes, it doesn't have anything to do with the device that is used. You did a better job than me in explaining this. Thx.