Honored Contributor

Hosts could carry mini kegs around and I wouldn't care.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Wine glasses

[ Edited ]

@Gabidog "All the silliness is supposed to create the feeling that we are all one big happy family enjoying life and shopping from the comfort of our homes as we all sip our wine.  Then I look online and the sign up for free shipping for the next three months pops up....oh, that is for new customers only.  And the last decades of my shopping support to QVC suddenly means nothing to those in charge of customer relations.  Pop the cork and pour...and keep it coming!"

Exactly, we are only family when it comes to wearing pajamas constantly and drinking wine but when it comes to free shipping the family aspect goes out the window.  You can say the family love is not unconditional.Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart "Hosts could carry mini kegs around and I wouldn't care."

That would be interesting.  They can wear the kegs around their necks and pull sleds in the snow.  That could be another sales initiative.  

Honored Contributor

Is it just me or are posts getting more trivial by the day?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

I  don't  understand how QVC is  even able yo sell wines....how do you c heck their ID and most i mportant THERE IS NO NEED TO PROMOTE DRINKING ALCOHOL!  There are so many pro le m in America because of alcohbol and the lives it has taken  without running around acting like a fool with a win e glass  What kind of projection can thatg give  to the young and impressiionable!!!!!!!!  It is disgusting.....why don't you sell cigarettes too QVC.  People want to drink do it in the privacy of their hgomes and the same3 with cigarettes...../.STOP PROMOTING WHAT IS BAD IN THE WORLD

Honored Contributor

@grooms ............alcohol is not bad, people make it bad.

Just because you dont like it that means they should not sell it?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@grooms   Local liquor stores can also deliver. In aany case aa responsible adult has to be home to present an ID which is scanned in and the recipient has to sign a receipt.  This is the procedure whether it is shipped from a neaar or far purveyor. 

By the way--the same procedure is used for the delivery of cigarettes.

QVC is not promoting alcohol, which is NOT bad in and of itself.  People are responsible for their individual actions vis-a-vis their use of it.

It is selling a product that is legally available to adults in the United States.

Examine the history of Prohibition in this country and see what a colossal failure that was on so many levels.

Your exposure to alcohol in your personal life may have been unfortunate but that does not necessitate the banning of its purchase and use for everyone else.

My opinion:  Your rigid attitude towards liquor would entice many under age folks to try it just as a form of rebellion.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

Heck, skip the wine glasses, bottles and kegs and just set up a bar already!!

Bring on the holiday spirits!! Cat LOL

(and I don't even drink...)

Honored Contributor

@grooms wrote:

I  don't  understand how QVC is  even able yo sell wines....how do you c heck their ID and most i mportant THERE IS NO NEED TO PROMOTE DRINKING ALCOHOL!  There are so many pro le m in America because of alcohbol and the lives it has taken  without running around acting like a fool with a win e glass  What kind of projection can thatg give  to the young and impressiionable!!!!!!!!  It is disgusting.....why don't you sell cigarettes too QVC.  People want to drink do it in the privacy of their hgomes and the same3 with cigarettes...../.STOP PROMOTING WHAT IS BAD IN THE WORLD

Actually, @grooms , the ID is checked at the time of delivery.  An adult needs to sign for it 

As for the rest of your post, others have already given good answers.  I'll just say that people all over the WORLD do consume alcoholic beverages and most do so in a responsible manner. 

Honored Contributor

@grooms wrote:

@grooms  The young and impressionable don’t watch QVC. We received a Christmas gift of wine from a relative. UPS rang the doorbell and I had to show ID. I’m 75 with gray hair.