Valued Contributor

OK  I think it is about time to stop holding the wine glesses ...it really is a bit old.....Nobody walks abound holding stemwear !!

Trusted Contributor

@mariadomenica 

I agree!

They should drink straight from the wine bottle like the rest of us.

Frequent Contributor

@Malcontent   Perfect response!!!!

Honored Contributor

@mariadomenica Actually you are not supposed to hold the wine glasses by the bowl,but by the stem. The heat of your body changes the taste of the wine. Or something like that.

Valued Contributor

Doesn't really bother me, but I know if it was me on air, I'd have dropped it or knocked it over within the first five minutes.

Respected Contributor

Subliminal messaging.  People are more inclined to loosen up and spend after they've had a couple.  The wine glass is a signal to let go and get what takes your fancy.

Yes, hold a wine glass by the stem for the reason another has stated.  I don't care for the stemless Wine glasses.

Hold a Brandy Snifter by the bowl to warm the brandy inside.

Esteemed Contributor

@candys mine You are so right regarding holding the stem vs the bowl of the glass!  

As far as loosening up after some wine and shopping......LOL, I have a rule that I cannot SUI (shop under the influence)!!!

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@mariadomenica 

I agree!

Thanks for the laugh!! I needed it today (and it's only 6:35 am) 🍾🍷🥂

Valued Contributor

All the silliness is supposed to create the feeling that we are all one big happy family enjoying life and shopping from the comfort of our homes as we all sip our wine.  Then I look online and the sign up for free shipping for the next three months pops up....oh, that is for new customers only.  And the last decades of my shopping support to QVC suddenly means nothing to those in charge of customer relations.  Pop the cork and pour...and keep it coming!

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@Malcontent wrote:

@mariadomenica 

I agree!

Thanks for the laugh!! I needed it today (and it's only 6:35 am) 🍾🍷🥂

@Malcontent,

Me too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"