Respected Contributor

Re: Why so much time on each item??

@Pecky  I had to chuckle when Rachel  squeezed her orange half and hardly any juice came out. Like 1/4 cup compared to the vendor's 1/2 cup. So much for live TV. That is all  cared to watch.

Super Contributor

I agree that way too much time is usually spent on each item.  There are few products that can't be explained and demonstrated in 10 minutes.

It's double presentations in a one-hour show of previous TSVs that irritate me the most, and multiple one hour presentations daily of the current TSV.

Respected Contributor

If they're trying to attract younger shoppers, spending excessive amounts of time on item and multiple viewings of the TSV in one show isn't the way to do it. I really don't think most twenty-somethings have the time or patience to watch someone sell oranges, etc. for 20-30 minutes, 2-3 times in one show. 

Regular Contributor

QVC's sales tactics are very much outdated.

Frequent Contributor

And now with no live programming from around 2:00 am till 7:00, we get five hours of a repeated mattress demo...or the TSV.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

All that food going to waste and especially the honeybells.  I can't stand to watch that guy.

Yes, I also cringe when they put on the bibs and start squeezing oranges all over their hands and the tabletop. Seems like such a waste.  Even Mr. Cushman said he'd never do that at home.  But I guess they have to demonstrate the product somehow - and live-on-air is more convincing than a taped demo.

Valued Contributor

I do not understand,why it is necessary to spend the amount of time on each item.I have always heard the expression,TIME IS MONEY,so wouldn't it make more sense to show more items??That in itsself,would have to make the hosts stop all the useless chatter,and talk about the product...anyway isn't that what they were hired to do? Lets not forget...they are salespeople!!!