Honored Contributor

Re: Why so much beauty on QVC and QVC2?

Many people don't get the Beauty IQ channel and have desire to try and watch it streaming on their phone or laptop.  I've never seen the channel.

I've barely tuned into QVC. When I turned it on last night right after work, Jill was on with IT.  I have to say, Jill's hair looked fantastic.   

Respected Contributor

Beauty sells. Period. Have you ever visited an Ulta? They are always filled with women.

Frequent Contributor

The beauty on QVC and QVC2 has been lacking, not heavier than ever. I’ve been truly disappointed with the lack of beauty, especially on QVC. The more beauty, the merrier. HSN just had a whole day dedicated to beauty. I can’t remember the last time QVC had a whole day dedicated to beauty. BEAUTY IQ doesn’t count in my mind. Can barely watch it on my cable network...terrible graphics and it isn’t LIVE all the time. Bring on more beauty!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

Beauty sells. Period. Have you ever visited an Ulta? They are always filled with women.

@Regal Bee

Sephora as well, both stores tend to be packed throughout the year.  Then it's just completely crazy during the month of December.

Contributor

personally i am tired of seing OIL COSMETICS its on several times a week......

i agree with so much beauty.......

Regular Contributor

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say -

BECAUSE IT SELLS???  QSmiley LOL

New Contributor

Totally agree. If there's a beauty-specific channel, that's where the majority of it can go. I don't have a problem with beauty products being featured, but when they are, it's for an hour. And then maybe 2-3 hours later there will be another hour-long beauty show. It just seems like it's all the time. How much can you watch someone talk about lotion? Or watch them wash their hands? Or apply the same eyeliner? Maybe feature the product, do a quick demonstration, then move on to a different (non-beauty) item. I think just more of a mix would be better. And the Philosophy!! You can't smell through a TV...how on earth do you even know if you would like it? I would never order something scented without smelling it first. It's amazing to me that so many people do. Or are they just familiar with the scents beforehand and they just reorder on QVC for a better value? 

Trusted Contributor

They sell all the high price beauty,because its high price and people are crazy enough to buy .Some beauty products would put you in the poor house.

Occasional Contributor

And, why "Friday Night Beauty" on QVC if there is another beauty channel?

Honored Contributor

QVC2 is not available everywhere.  Maybe there are fewer returns on beauty products.