Esteemed Contributor

Why offer food gifts so late in the month???

I saw a food product from David's cookies that I would have purchased had it been offered earlier in the month. It was David;s brownies and some beautiful holiday tins to use for the 'brownie' gift. I love those brownies, currently have some in the freezer.  However, the item would not have reached me until Dec 19th...if by luck.  Well, now and certainly by then, most gift exchange get togethers will be over.  I did order but then cancelled because it is just too late for gifting!!  Did call and make suggestion for next year...

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Why offer food gifts so late in the month???

For those wishing to give these gifts on Christmas I think December 19 is an ideal delivery date. QVC can't please everyone and their gifting schedules. They can't accommodate everyone's gifting schedule.

Honored Contributor

@corita People like to buy food all during the year. My sister buys the Cheryl's cookies but doesn't care when they arrive. I don't see the problem.

I wouldn't assume anything ordered in December would arrive in time for Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Just because they were shown in this afternoons show doesn't mean they were not available to order at an earlier time.  If you were looking for cookie items for the holidays you could have gone to see what they had available.  I am sure I saw these offered in previous shows. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita - The food category is one where QVC consistently seems to process and deliver items on time, likely because every single thing is fulfilled by third parties. All time-sensitive perishable items that include ice or preserving agents of some kind are shipped on Tuesdays and Wednesdays via two-day air, so they are virtually guaranteed to reach customers on Thursdays and Fridays. And other not-so-perishable items also tend to ship out and be delivered quickly.

I have to agree with others that December 19th seems like a great delivery date—you won't have to find long-term storage for something for weeks before the holidays, and you know everything will be fresh.

@rms1954 - For what it's worth, the David's brownie tins the OP is referencing are a brand new gift item as of today.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking about ordering something for New Year's.  

Respected Contributor

I saw the presentation and I did order!!

Why--because I had already ordered those brownies in the cookie jar and DH has eaten almost all of them already!

Yes, they are that good and I need a new supply.

BTW, the presenter said the pretty tins have no words on them so they can be used for anything!

Honored Contributor

Gift exchanges and get togethers over by the 19th?  Christmas is not until the 25th.  Food can be eaten any time.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I really don't think that most people do their major gift-giving before December 19!

Esteemed Contributor

Well, interesting answers!!  I had not seen this item  before, but apparently they were new that day.  All my gifting parties will be over this weekend, so the 19th is definitely too late.  And I do not expect QVC to meet my schedule at all.  Just wish I had seen them earlier.   Actually, the QVC  CS agreed with me and forwarded my suggestion on....