Honored Contributor

Why not rename Community Chat forum the Celebrity forum?

Just take a look, most of the posts have been celebrity related for days now.

I know, I don't have to read them, but what's the point of having categories for the forums, if they're not used?

Just my opinion......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Why not rename Community Chat forum the Celebrity forum?

mine too, but, we both might as well bay at the moon. Over in Kitchen which I always thought meant just Kitchen talk and Q kitchen items for sale talk it's anything goes. Personal chat and stupid discussions that belong anywhere but a Kitchen site.

I've turned in 10 times, but, obviously powers that be don't agree. Makes me so mad. Used to be a nice forum now it's being taken over by a few people who just like to see threads with their names on it.

Honored Contributor

Is there a category for Celebrity Chat?  Or are you suggesting one be created?

We have a celebrity-driven culture.  Did you know a Kennedy grandson was arrested yesterday in an Aspen bar fight?  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It really doesn't bother me.  I only click on that which interests me.  However, given all the celebrity deaths in recent days/weeks, I'm not surprised that it's on people's mind.  I have no doubt that the Community forum will revert to something else, if and when the sadness stops.  

Honored Contributor

Sorry but I don't see this as a terrible problem.  Or as a problem at all for that matter.  People talk, popular subjects are discussed, it's life.  

THe mods move stuff all the time and I think they do a great job!  Its a little picky to me to complain about this. 

Respected Contributor

Not sure I'm following your problem here.  It's community "chat" and people are chatting about celebrities because of all of the high profile and unexpected deaths this year.  If you want to chat about something else, start a thread!

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Is there a category for Celebrity Chat?  Or are you suggesting one be created?

We have a celebrity-driven culture.  Did you know a Kennedy grandson was arrested yesterday in an Aspen bar fight?  Smiley Happy

@ValuSkr

Yes I do, I read TMZ every morning, LOL! He's one of Taylor Swift's exs.

Since posters don't post celebrity news in the TV/Movies forum, maybe a 'Celebrity Chat' forum would be nice.

Smiley happy 096.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Community Chat" is a generic term.  It implies that people can chat about any subject.  Others have the same rights to post what's on their mind as you dol  

Respected Contributor

I get that people like to talk about celebrity "news", but we don't need a dozen threads on any given topic. I wish that they'd do what a frequent flyer forum that I participate in does...consolidate them all in to one. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

It's almost impossible to avoid celebrity talk at some times--especially in the last week, when three well-known people passed away (including a mother and daughter)--many people want to comment!