Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why not put shows on that highlight these thousands of items online that are never shown

Just a guess, imho it;s just like the supermarket:  those who pay the most get the choice spots; those who don't get the the bottome shelves.  So the vendors expending the most monies get choice time slots; those who don't never make it on air.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why not put shows on that highlight these thousands of items online that are never shown

@Styleovertrend It definitely would be more entertaining if there were more variety - that part is easy to see.  I have no idea whether the volume of sales would be enough to justify removing some of the established sellers' time.  I just know that right now I'm highly unlikely to shop for new or old.

Valued Contributor

@millieshops it doesn't even need to be aired..i don't watch anymore but do go online. if they could feature a new category online would be great!

Valued Contributor

@eddyandme they don't even need to air the items just make a new category online and that would be great. I don't watch anymore so I would miss it but I do go online a couple times a day to check out markdowns on Mondays and then the daily Lunchtime and Primetime Specials.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That would be nice!  I recently discovered a skin care line that I had NO IDEA QVC sold.  It's only a select few products, though.  It's called O'o Hawaii.  GREAT products.  I've tried the exfoliator & serum so far and they are 5-star.  My next product to try is the eye cream, but QVC doesn't sell it, so I'll get it off the O'o Hawaii website.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme I think you have a good guess.  Getting enough money together to move up in the retail world is daunting. Years ago I met a jewelry vendor at a large craft show on Long Island. She wanted to expand but couldn’t even come up with the money to travel to the big city shows let alone deal with enough workers to make inventory to try for QVC.  If she’s still working, I’d think a smaller platform somewhere on the Internet would make more sense than QVC.

when I want to see new and different, I tune into a Shark Tank. Even most of what a shark does buy isn’t something I’d want. I just like to see what they think has monetary value.  Sometimes they’re actually right.

Valued Contributor

@millieshops I didn't because the item was too expensive but I would've given it a shot if it would've cost less