Valued Contributor

Why not put shows on that highlight these thousands of items online that are never shown

[ Edited ]

On the Szish List last night there was an item from a vendor I've never heard of. Can a show be made up of items by these vendors that have items online but no one knows about? I'm sure there are many. Or highlight other vendors that don't get airtime like D and C, Susan Graver, Logo, etc. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Why not put shows on that highlight these thousands of items online that are never shown

QVC has different contracts with vendors.  Many obviously do not include on-air presentations.  Yes, there are thousands of items we never see.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Why not put shows on that highlight these thousands of items online that are never shown

@Styleovertrend did you buy from that vendor?

i ask that because I know from my own experience I most likely would not have.  I rarely buy from unknowns except in local shops where I can see and feel.

The other thing I know is that it takes companies more time and money to work with new customers and new vendors than to work with the tried and true.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder, if some vendors don't have the ability, or don't chose to, produce their items, in the quantity, QVC would want, for, on air presentations? 

I remember, in the way back when days, Judith Jack and Tacori, were two very well known jewelers, who didn't exactly hide the fact, that selling on QVC, had a downside.

Judith Jack, apparently, felt that selling in such mass quantity, could make their pieces, less special, and appealing, to their loyal customers.

Tacori, was a bit more public with their issues,  Apparently, there was a mini war, in the company, over such a high end jeweler,"lowering their standards" to sell CZ's, on home shopping. It didn't sit well, either, with customers, who paid tens of thousands, and enjoyed owning a "Tacori"

I guess we know who won out 😉I remember, they did have some lovely pieces, on QVC.  And, Paul Tacorian, didn't hurt, the appeal, of the presentations 😈

Esteemed Contributor

I wish they'd feature those "never on-air" items during the overnight hours for the next two months, as a test run.

I spent years looking in stores for Surgeon's Secret products, before I had access to internet shopping. I finally found the brand here, in the QVC inventory.  ☺

I've come to realize QVC is like going to a huge store, but only shopping from those items out in front of you in the center aisle.

They keep putting the same things right in front of you, and if you don't take it upon yourself to see what's in the rest of the store, you'll think the repetive main aisle items are all they have to offer.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching Szish List show since she promotes  items that are not often shown on QVC and she does provide alot of  detail info . I think she does a good job with DB .

Respected Contributor

Lately QVC has been stressing the fact that there are thousands of items online that do not get air time.  I think the issue is there are a lot of people (mostly elderly) that still think they have to be watching to buy something.  Some folks still do not go online to look at things presented or search for things previously presented.  They only buy from what they see on live tv then they call in.  The hosts oftten remark how you don't have to wait till its on live tv, just go to QVC.com, but many seniors do not go on the computer.

Valued Contributor

@Catch71 but if they want to sell that inventory and also appeal to younger viewers or new viewiers or KEEP their current viewers or BRING BACK one who left, they need to up their game beyond seniors. Since a lot of us do shop on line, they could highlight some of these thousands of items in a special category online

Respected Contributor

I am tired of seeing the same items at night that they showed that morning. We need new stuff!

Valued Contributor

@millieshops I have not tried the new vendor that was mentioned on that show. I did try Hunter McGrady's faux leather leggings when they came out so I'm not opposed to trying a new vendor. I was thinking if they are buying these new vendors items then why not showcase them online if they don't want to invest show time on these items. I think, tho, that the viewers would appreciate seeing something new. I usually buy on Lunchtime and Primetime specials. That way, with return fees, I don't mind the returns so much.