Honored Contributor

Re: Why no polar fleece sheets?

Yikes ! almost 90 in Tx. I'd smother to death.  Cooling down a tad though here lately

QVC Customer Care

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio

This is exactly why when I find a item I like I immediately order additional sets! We use them year round (and live in FL) -- I never understand why Q discontinues products which seem to me to be a "favorite" customer item.

@Barbara-QVC

Why is this? Although, yes it maybe "seasonal" yet I see Q dropping a lot of products (kitchen/home) which I do like. Is Q going in another direction -- phasing out kitchen/home?

Hi @homedecor1

QVC has no plans to phase out our kitchen and home lines.  As far as the polar fleece sheets, it does not appear that Malden Mills offers them any more.  We do constantly reevaluate our offerings and try to introduce new items and vendors. 

Our customer feedback is taken seriously, so I will be happy to submit your concerns about our kitchen and home products.

Barb

Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Barbara-QVC

Thankyou Barbara it's good to know! 

Honored Contributor

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio

This is exactly why when I find a item I like I immediately order additional sets! We use them year round (and live in FL) -- I never understand why Q discontinues products which seem to me to be a "favorite" customer item.

@Barbara-QVC

Why is this? Although, yes it maybe "seasonal" yet I see Q dropping a lot of products (kitchen/home) which I do like. Is Q going in another direction -- phasing out kitchen/home?

Hi @homedecor1

QVC has no plans to phase out our kitchen and home lines.  As far as the polar fleece sheets, it does not appear that Malden Mills offers them any more.  We do constantly reevaluate our offerings and try to introduce new items and vendors. 

Our customer feedback is taken seriously, so I will be happy to submit your concerns about our kitchen and home products.

Barb

Customer Care

@Barbara-QVC

Could you clarify for us, does Malden Mills not offer/manufacture these sheets any more (anywhere in any brand name or form) period or does Q just not carry them anymore (or is Q just not stocking them for the season)? 

And can anyone tell if malden mills and Berkshire are one in the same or related in any way? Perhaps the same sheets will be back but under the Berkshire name?

QVC Customer Care

@Mominohio wrote:

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio

@Barbara-QVC

Hi @homedecor1

Barb

Customer Care

@Barbara-QVC

Could you clarify for us, does Malden Mills not offer/manufacture these sheets any more (anywhere in any brand name or form) period or does Q just not carry them anymore (or is Q just not stocking them for the season)? 

And can anyone tell if malden mills and Berkshire are one in the same or related in any way? Perhaps the same sheets will be back but under the Berkshire name?

Hi @Mominohio

I can tell you that QVC does not offer any Malden Mills products at this time.  As for the company itself, I can not say for sure but if you do a search online you may find more information.

I know I love my polar fleece blanket from Malden Mills, so I can see why you are disappointed!  

Barb

Customer Care

Honored Contributor

You have wonder about the business decision Maiden Mills made when discontinuing polar sheets.  The top sheet makes a great summer blanket.  Of course, I remember when sheets made of tee-shirt material were all the rage.  I guess trends come and go.

Honored Contributor

I purchased five sets of the polar fleece sheets, and use them year-round (I keep my air conditioning running for most of the year).  Four of the five sets have survived beautifully.

However, I had a deep coral color that was the worst set of sheets I ever owned.  The "fleece" pilled terribly and I had little balls and clumps of it all in my hair and even all over the floor every morning.  I had to throw them in the garbage.  I followed the care instructions of cold water, no heat drying, and no fabric softener to the letter.  I have not had that with any other color of polar fleece colors.  Perhaps MM had inconsistent quality control issues.

I also purchased the Berkshire (QVC-owned I believe) "velvet" sheet sets, but those were too soft and the comforters fell off the bed in the middle of the night.  I ended up using the top sheet as a dog bed topper for my morkie (she loves it). 

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mominohio  They're  definitely a winter-time item.  However I just got out a set I haven't yet used to get the flat sheet and use it as a light blanket for summer with my normal cotton sheets.  They ought to sell a pack of 2-3 flat sheets for use as summertime blankets. 

I so agree about using the top sheet as a light blanket.  Where I live the temperatures fluctuate a lot so I use it a lot.  

Respected Contributor

I suspect the MM brand is being replaced by a QVC house brand. Guess we will find out this summer when they start to sell fall merchandise. I do like my polar fleece sheets but have to be careful when washing and drying. I forgot and ruined a set by drying on too high of a heat. They were crunchy! @AuntG I remember those t-shirt sheets. I felt like a mummy all twisted up in them. I got rid of them the first week. Reading this, it sounds like I am a disaster with bedding. Lol.

Respected Contributor

I have a set of the Malden Mills sheets. They are ok, but I still prefer flannel sheets. The Malden Mills sheets that I have pill up a lot.