Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why must snarkiness be the norm for some?

@Swissguy wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience here.  Hope you stick around because I think you'll find most of the posters are nice and helpful.  Welcome!

I wish you were right !!Smiley Sad

Yes, she is right.... as I posted before. Come join us at the Pet chat corner ... wonderful pet loving folks. If you stop posting the bullies win. Never let that happen, okay?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Swissguy wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience here.  Hope you stick around because I think you'll find most of the posters are nice and helpful.  Welcome!

Just because a few people may disagree with you (it happens to everyone BTW) does not mean that most here are not nice and helpful.

Honored Contributor

I think that most people give kind remarks but some just don't always come across that way.I have written some stuff that people questioned and I realized that it wasn't my intent to say what I did...thanks to those who gave me the chance to explain.I have had the odd what I thought nasty comment come my way but I just use that as an opportunity to see another point of view.I can either learn a little something about myself or them,from the comment or choose to just forget about it.I always enjoy my time here because I choose to enjoy and I have learned a lot and have seen the many good people rally when support is needed.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Swissguy wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

Just because a few people may disagree with you (it happens to everyone BTW) does not mean that most here are not nice and helpful.

These forums (or any forums) or Real Life doesn't guarantee that everyone agrees with everyone or that everyone will have the same POV about anything and everything.

To some, anyone who disagrees with them or has a different POV and expresses it freely are mean, snarky, rude, "not nice", etc. simply for expressing themselves.

Some are clearly out of their comfort zones in interacting with people of different backgrounds, different POV and different communication styles than their own, and choose to label others in a derogatory manner - thereby becoming one of those they scorn. Go figure.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I often wonder why some people are snarky, is it their personality?  I have seen simple posts that are answered with snarky remarks which just aren't warranted.  Actually, snarky remarks are not warranted at anytime.  Perhaps someone here can explain why people are snarky which I consider to be unkind.  I often wonder if the posters who answer in an unkind manner are that way with family and friends.  I believe in the saying, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  And today?  Today is a gift.  That's why we call it the present.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I often wonder why some people are snarky, is it their personality?  I have seen simple posts that are answered with snarky remarks which just aren't warranted.  Actually, snarky remarks are not warranted at anytime.  Perhaps someone here can explain why people are snarky which I consider to be unkind.  I often wonder if the posters who answer in an unkind manner are that way with family and friends.  I believe in the saying, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Define "nice."

Define "not warranted."

Define "snarky."

I'm willing to bet each individual on these forums has their own definitions. No one's is "better" or more accurate/true than another's.

I believe in the saying, if you have something to say, say it.

The main point of discussion forums is discussion, between people of all communication styles, opinions and POV. Being able to navigate such discussions is a skill some lack - or do not wish to acquire. It's easier to finger-point and simplistically label "bad, mean, snarky, nasty" people who don't think or communicate the same way that (figurative) "you" do.

There's always Among Friends, and the various Have a Nice Day threads. Other forums and threads, people just...deal with. Or not.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

I've noticed people's feelings about things are right under the surface and it doesn't take much to push people over the edge. IMO it has nothing to do with anominity, people don't think twice about confrontation face to face.In a country where the people are so divided down the middle, excluding the people who choose not to participate, it's no wonder.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yesterday I posted a KUDOS on a Forum about an unusually kind, professional and thoughtful female Customer Service Rep. I provided her name, too! (Unfortunately, I've since forgotten it.) She went further than any other CSR has ever gone to help me! Was so surprised at her help on such a busy day (techical difficulties), that I wrote an email to QVC thanking her for her helpfulness and amazing kindness!

Then, I realized she was simply doing her job. Made me laugh that I was SO impressed at someone from QVC doing what they should be doing. LOL - crazy reaction on my part to be so impressed since too often we've subjected to snarky remarks. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Don't give us that mean children's poem. WORDS HURT.

Money screams; wealth whispers.