Honored Contributor

Re: Why must snarkiness be the norm for some?

As my dear dad would sometimes say: 'Don't pay any attention'............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY I agree. I have a post on a similar problem. I have come to the conclusion, it's their horoscope "sign",lol... I have 2 friends, the same sign that are both "snarky". I won't post the sign, that would just start a battle,lol..... Some people are born negative.

Honored Contributor

Yes, some people snark.  More often than not, what people think is snarky really isn't.  It's just the projection of the reader's feelings or thinking.  Besides, it's difficult to show accurate emotion in an email or post.  Don't look for snark where there is none.

Trusted Contributor

@TheAdventurer Unfortunately it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.  Ignore the nasty repsonses.  I hope that the kind responses outnumbered the snarky ones.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Yes, some people snark.  More often than not, what people think is snarky really isn't.  It's just the projection of the reader's feelings or thinking.  Besides, it's difficult to show accurate emotion in an email or post.  Don't look for snark where there is none.

@CalminHeart

There is a saying to the effect that if you don't "get" something, don't assume it's meant to be sarcastic or belittling; it's just that you don't get it. Similar to people who are always positive, when someone speaks a foreign language in their presence, that the person must be discussing them and of course insulting them.

I think some people are uncomfortable when they feel something is somehow over their head, and it makes them angry, suspicious and accusatory. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because for inappropriate language

Esteemed Contributor

Funny you should start such a thread as this ... I started a thread yesterday about my bad experience with Amazon.com. A few people were bashing me. I got even and reported those that called me a liar and had the thread deleted. You can do the same. I do not remember a dress thread was it deleted too? Most people are very nice, just ignore those that are mean and continue to post. 

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

Funny you should start such a thread as this ... I started a thread yesterday about my bad experience with Amazon.com. A few people were bashing me. I got even and reported those that called me a liar and had the thread deleted. You can do the same. I do not remember a dress thread was it deleted too? Most people are very nice, just ignore those that are mean and continue to post. 

@apple1964...I saw that thread, and you really got jumped on. I could not understand why. There are certain posters who run around from thread to thread belittling and talking down to others like we are total brainless morons. No matter what you say or how you say it, they will find fault or a reason to challenge you. Sorry about your thread.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience here.  Hope you stick around because I think you'll find most of the posters are nice and helpful.  Welcome!

I wish you were right !!Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@apple1964...I saw that thread, and you really got jumped on. I could not understand why. There are certain posters who run around from thread to thread belittling and talking down to others like we are total brainless morons. No matter what you say or how you say it, they will find fault or a reason to challenge you. Sorry about your thread.

Thank you, so much Catwhisperer for your post. I started the thread so people who never had a bad experience with Amazon can learn from my bad experience. Have a good day! Come visit the Pet chat corner lovely folks and you get some wonderful tips from other folks about animals..Woman Wink