New Contributor

Why isnt there a feature to allow us to update our product reviews?

If there is a way to update a previously posted review, I cant find it. I had an experience w/ a Lazyboy that I'd like to update, to provide other shoppers w/additional info, which may actually help Q understand the product issues others might be having. I tried to write a new review but couldnt. So the system recognizes that I have a prior review, but theres no button for "update". Long story semi-short, my original lazyboy ultimately broke (pressboard frame across bottom appparently was dried out and it splintered when noone was in chair, dropping a pile of fiberboard pieces under the footrest) i had had a terrible time putting chair together the 1st time--3hrs. When it split apart, i realized it had been defective all along&thats probably why it was nearly impossible to put together. I called Q to see how difficult it would be to exchange for a new one (as I now love the chair). First the rep said Id have to box it up, but i asked her to check w/her supervisor as that was not reasonable.. She came back w/good news; Bekins would pick up as is, and Q would send another. Remarkably- the same day that Bekins picked up the defective chair (3days after I called to arrange exchange), UPS delivered the new one! I was hesitant to try to put new one together (alone) and waited til Fri nite and even took a couple ibuprofen beforehand cuz i thought itd be a struggle like the first. Much to my complete shock - the back slide very easily on the bottom and it was together literally in 10seconds. !!!! This completely confirmed that the 1st one was very defective from the start. I would love to be able update my review as i think others need to know difficult assembly is not normal and that Q made the exchange of the 2month old chair EXTREMELY easy. QVC- can you add a feature to allow updates to posted reviews?
Honored Contributor

Re: Why isnt there a feature to allow us to update our product reviews?

I think that is a good idea. Originally, someone may really like a product but over time, problems may occur that might change someone's mind from ordering or a poor product review might be because someone didn't read instructions closely and once they did found the product to be good. I did that once and felt bad that I had given the product a bad review in my frustration to get it to work properly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too think we should be able to update. Maybe they don't want updated reviews after a product has shown it's true colors! I've begun to wait a bit before posting reviews for this very reason. Besides, when reviewing an item as soon as it hits the door, all we're really reacting to is how it looks. Certainly, for some items that's the critical factor, but certainly not for most of them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that an edit and/or update option needs to be added to the review feature.

Respected Contributor

This is something I'd like as well. I also don't do reviews right away anymore.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

I would love to have this feature also. Hope they listen to request.

Respected Contributor

Simply type another post stating ..... ""an update to my review on (date)"". That's what I do since the Webbie would actually have to perform another task to get this feature to work!

Honored Contributor

I'm glad to see QVC recognized that the chair was undoubtedly defective from day one. I'm not even surprised.

Although I've never ordered Lazy-Boy from QVC, I do know that "boy" has been having quality issues for a while now. I've known three different stories from three different states at three different times - all bad, two being obvious from day one and the other an upholstery wear issue. All those items were bought in a factory showroom!

While a review update might be helpful, I wouldn't have given that chair a decent review from day one. It, too, should have gone together in ten seconds. I can't even remember if the rep showed that on the air, but I do know when I've shopped in their stores, that's something they show.

BTW- until they change the update system, I wish lots of buyers made more informed reviews - waiting, for example, to review clothing until AFTER they've actually tried something on!

Honored Contributor

I apologize that I was unable to read the OP (font too small & all one paragraph) but, as to the question in the thread title -

I don't think they ever had that here, did they? I think it would be a good thing to add, however, because way too many people just get an item and run right to the computer to review it before even using it. Then, they find out that it was really not all that great after all but it's too late - they've already written a totally inappropriate review and others probably purchased the item partially based upon that great review. For this reason I put very little credibility on the reviews here.

Super Contributor

We can't update our own reviews yet someone who 1) didn't buy the product from QVC or 2) didn't buy it at all can write a review. Odd...