Occasional Contributor

Why isn't the show filmed in HD yet!? FIXED!

[ Edited ]

One thing that has bothered me for so long!  The QVC shows are blurry and the video quality is so low I feel like my glasses are off. I litterly can't read the labels on most of these items when they show them. 

With the new technology and the super HD televisions that people have I can't undertand why the show does not update!  It really "dates" the program and makes it seem like it's stuck in the 90's.

Took advise from the forum and downloaded the TV "APP"  and perfect! HD all the way, I've been watching on antenna all this time so I guess I was clueless about this.  Thanks for all the advise and help!

Honored Contributor

Re: Why isn't the show filmed in HD yet!?

@watchado33    Sounds like you might need a new TV or an adjustment on the one you've got.  I have an older TV with a picture like you've described and I've got one that's crystal clear. 

I got a new TV to replace the old one but keep putting off setting it up as I'll have to do it alone. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been viewing the Q in high definition for several years.   I have Verizon Fios.  I can watch some local stations in the old analog format or if I go to another channel I can see the same station in an HDTV format which comes in very clear.  Maybe it's a similiar set up with your provider?

ETA:  For example I can view ABC on channel 6 and it looks like I'm watching it with an old TV.  Or I can go to channel 506 and it's HD sharp.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@watchado33    Sounds like you might need a new TV or an adjustment on the one you've got.  I have an older TV with a picture like you've described and I've got one that's crystal clear. 

I got a new TV to replace the old one but keep putting off setting it up as I'll have to do it alone. 

@Kachina624     I can attest that these "new" TVs have a demon inside when it comes to the setup!    Whatever happened to "plug it in and turn it  on"....    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   It's attaching the stand I seem to find most troublesome. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi   It's attaching the stand I seem to find most troublesome. 

@Kachina624    Holy Cow!    I couldn't even find the "right" screwdriver...and I have a DRAWER FULL of every one I could ever possibly need!!!!

Edited to add:    And then I kept getting timed out when I was entering my wifi password.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi 

You are so funny!  I hear you on the screw driver situation. 🤣 

Trusted Contributor

@watchado33 

it's been in HD for many years.  I have a roughly 10 yr old flat screen and it has a beautiful picture.  I do remember when my cable company started showing Q2, the channel it was on did not show it in HD.

Trusted Contributor

We have directv and a smart tv that's probably 6 years old.  QVC was in HD as far back as our previous tv.

OP , you might want to check your cable or satellite service channel lineup.  You'll most likely see it's not offered in HD. 

Respected Contributor

I see QVC in HD, but not QVC2.  Woman Sad

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!