Why doesn’t philosophy sell hand soap as an individual item?

I wish Philosophy would sell hand soap as an individual item. I use Amazing Grace hand soap every day, but the only way I can get it is as part of the soap/lotion duo. Why not sell it individually?

Respected Contributor

Re: Why doesn’t philosophy sell hand soap as an individual item?

@Shaz72: I'm sure you're not alone in your opinion. If enough people expressed this idea to the Philosophy vendors (Mari Lynn Meyer, Heidi or Darla) on their facebook page, things may change. Mari Lynn M. has said several times, they take customer suggestions into consideration. By the way, welcome to the boards! Smiley Very Happy 

Honored Contributor

I agree.  I assume it's bundled because they assume people use both.  In my guest bath, I keep it as a pair.  In the master bath, I just put the soap.  I put the cream on the nightstand, as I'm more likely to use it at bedtime.

Respected Contributor

Everything seems supersized these days.  I like the Philosophy shower gels but dont want 32 ounces of the same scent.  It lasts forever when you are the only one using it!

I buy elsewhere in smaller sizes.  Ulta usually.

Respected Contributor

I think it’s probably for a financial reason. People probably don’t buy lotion as often as they buy soap. Pairing them together assures a certain amount of lotion sales.

Follow the dollar signs.

Trusted Contributor

Last Christmas, ULTA sold a philosophy soap set - regular soap, not liquid soap.  I did not see it offered on the  Q.