Frequent Contributor

Why doesn't QVC Ship Items together

I really wish QVC and HSN would ship items ordered together in 1 box, I realize some items are coming from different states but combining items if it's coming from the same place would cut down on boxes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why doesn't QVC Ship Items together

Then they wouldn't be able to charge shipping charges for each item.

That is the only thing I can think of because it only makes sense to ship things in one box at least for every other business!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Then they wouldn't be able to charge shipping charges for each item.

That is the only thing I can think of because it only makes sense to ship things in one box at least for every other business!

Of course they would and do!

I have had multiple different orders all shipped together in the same box AND was charged shipping on each item even though in the same box.

I have ordered quantity 2 of the exact same item w/ HSN and for some reason, they made separate orders for each and shipped them separately!!  Now that makes no sense.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife,

You know, that is right!

They charge per item whether they use one box or many.

So it really doesn't make sense that they use one box for each thing everytime. 

Has anyone ever gotten multiple items in one box from QVC? I haven't.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Yes @on the bay 

I have from Q, many times.

Always kinda surprised me when they combo unrelated orders/items yet got them all in the same box!

I usually place orders separately, so I can keep track better (its own order # for each) yet they have mixed them and sent them in the same box.

Guess my items were all in the same section of the warehouse.

Esteemed Contributor

Their shipping items is all over the map.  I've had things come in the same box and other items that I assumed would come together were shipped separately.   Go figure.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Donna2019 If they are not at the same warehouse they will not ship the items together. To me, its pretty obvious, the items are not at the same location and would be too costly to locate items and have them shipped together.

I have ordered the same exact items but different colors. They shipped from different locations. Kind of strange but there must be a method to the madness. Businesses always try to be as profitable as possible and evidently shipping separately is their method. 

I personally find Amazon the worst culprit. Even if you elect to have the items delivered on the same day they usually use separate boxes for each item. 

Respected Contributor

Amazon also ships separately, but now you can opt for less boxes.

Maybe the items are shipping from separate locations--ie warehouses in different locations.

Terrible for environment.

Trusted Contributor

HSN often ships items in the same box, although no break on the shipping costs to me of course.  I assume it depends on the where the items are coming from.  

Honored Contributor

@Donna2019.  They do combine items when feasible.  I've gotten as many as four garments in one box.  Of course when they do this, people will complain that they're still charged shipping for each item.  In other words, they're damned if the do, damned if they dont.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment