Honored Contributor

Re: Why doesn't Q take Regular PayPal?

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@itiswhatitis

You really didn't understand the Easy Pay example?  

Not familiar with HSN's methods so I can't speak to that .... except perhaps they'll take a chance with it to increase sales.    However, I'm pretty sure Macys and Nordstroms don't use an easy pay type program.   I'm guessing it would increase the potential for fraud ... JMO.

Honestly, I don't really care if they take Paypal or not.  If I want to buy something, I have other cards I can use.   I see no benefit whatsoever (for me) to them adding Paypal as a payment option.

This really isn't a valid reason.  I don't care one way or the other if QVC accepts Paypal but the possibility of future easy pays not going through isn't an excuse not to accept Paypal.

A bank account could be closed or overdrawn so future easypays won't go through.  Credit cards could reach their limit, expire or be closed and future easy pays won't go through.    

Q has to get burned all the time with easypays.  It's the chance they take offering such a payment plan.

I cannot tell you how many times I handle a decedent's estate and their are outstanding payments due to a shopping channel.