Valued Contributor

Why does it take so long to process and ship an order? And exchanges and returns??

I just do not understand why it takes so long for QVC to ship out orders. There was a time where 5 days was a very long time to have an order ship, and now 5 days would be a miracle! Most items that I order are in process for at least a week, and the few that are vendor sourced I have given up on after 2 weeks.

And exchanges and returns? Forget about it. I ordered several LOGO items, and even though I used the garment size charts, ended up returning the items for a smaller size. After two weeks, I had to call on each and every item since I had heard nothing, and could not track the items using my order status (error messages each time). The exchanges had been treated as returns, although I had followed the procedure outlined on the order status page, printed out the label, and clearly marked what size and color I wanted. It has been complicated and too long and boring  story to relate. But two weeks minimum to get the original item, two weeks  to return, and another two weeks for me to get the exchange is just absurd. I don't live in Timbuktu, I live outside of big city!

I am on hiatus until QVC can improve its shipping. If Amazon, Sam's, and every other ladies' clothing store can get things to me quickly and FREE, why can't QVC ship efficiently when I am paying at least some part of the freight?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why does it take so long to process and ship an order? And exchanges and returns??

@cotto22   I had such a bad experience with a return last year that I decided to ditch any further purchases from QVC for the foreseeable future.

Then, last week (or maybe it was 2 weeks ago, not sure) I saw an item I really liked (2 portable fans with remotes for a good price that I could really use here in Phx) so I purchased it. 

I intentionally used "easy pay" so if the item has to be returned, I'd only be out that small amount of $$ (if the low price turns out to be a low-quality item).  

I have no expectation that the item will be sent to me anytime soon so that was built into my decision to purchase AND if it turns out to be a "lemon" I'm prepared to return it and absorb the cost of whatever the return fee turns out to be.  

It's apparent to me that QVC mgt has no intention of changing their shipping and/or return policies so, on that basis, I'll be very cautious about what I purchase.

Regular Contributor

Re: Why does it take so long to process and ship an order? And exchanges and returns??

I also wonder why it takes so long to process and ship items.

I have returned several items for another size.  I ALWAYS verify on-line that the size I need is still available.  BUT I have yet to get a 'free exchange' they speak so often of on-air.  I just wish they would be more transparent in the presentations!!!

For me exchanges are non existent.

Valued Contributor

I don't do exchanges either. Its a major headache. I recently ordered 2 prs of Hanes jammies on the same day within minutes of each other. So why did one pair ship and 1 is still in processing?!? Weird but not surprising for QVC! 😆
Honored Contributor

Maybe because they are short staffed like every other business?

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

i have had nothing but problems ordering first they lost 2 orders and now processing taking 2 weeks chatted 3 times had supervisor call me they use cheapest shipping methods with no follow up they need to step up their game
Contributor

I agree with you 100%!!!  I laugh every time I hear a host say "you can get it in a week"...lol  I have NEVER gotten an item within a week (7days)!!  It would be nice to even get what you ordered within 10 days....is that too much to ask for QVC?  I have had items take so long, I forgot I even ordered them when they arrive.  I don't care if it's coming form CA or Canada, 7 days is a reasonable amount of time that something should be shipped.  Now as for arrival, that's up to USPS, I can't blame QVC for that.  On the other hand, as much as they charge for postage for shipping and returns, but why isn't QVC up to standards of Amazon, or in fact, many other places I have ordered from that don't charge shipping and arrive in a weeks time frame?!?  

Esteemed Contributor

Shipping and their high prices are why I went over to Amazon for most of my online shopping. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I am waiting on two orders..ordered May 29 and May 31...one shipped but still not received, it is sitting somewhere, the other is in process...if I could I would cancel, it's just ridiculous to take this long.

Trusted Contributor

I rarely order from QVC anymore due to slow shipping time. I did place an order for a jumpsuit, that I could not find similar anywhere else, on 6/2. It's still in process. I think that's a bit too long considering I received 2 items from other companies I ordered from after this jumpsuit from QVC.  I will continue to use QVC as a last resort.