Valued Contributor

Why does it take 4 days to prepare an order????

I ordered a gift for my grandaughters Birthday,on may1.It is now sitting,on may 4 and says preparing to ship.What is there to prepare??? I really do not understand,and I doubt it will get there by her birthday.I am frustrated that it would take 4 days to ship,maybe longer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why does it take 4 days to prepare an order????

Depending upon what you purchased, it could be a third-party (the vendor) who is handling the shipment. I have that happen when I purchase food from QVC. And other type of vendors ship their product directly. 

Customer Service once told me that my processing order meant that they had sent the information to the vendor who would send the product, not QVC.

Perhaps that is what happened to your item.

Occasional Contributor

I ordered a wind spinner for my mom for mothers day on April 16 thinking it would arrive early. It is now just being processed and no refund can be issued at this time.  It wasn't even an advanced order, it appeared to be in stock.

Honored Contributor

@mosky     News flash!  Yours is not the only order QVC has to process this or any other week.  The fault lies with you for waiting until the last minute to place your order.  With the transportation delays all online merchants are experiencing, it's wise to order at least 4 weeks before an event.  Times have changed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

every company I order from send out my orders SAME DAY or next day... I received them in about two days... with Amazon SAME DAY many times... QVC is the dinosaur of shopping networks. Out dated,,, out of touch... probably will go out of business. Anything QVC sells can be found else where and obtained faster.

Frequent Contributor

I asked that very same question recently & the customer service rep told me it depends on which warehouse your item is coming from. I remember last year when COVID started I saw an article reporting QVC was closing one warehouse & consolidating merchandise into another.  Maybe some warehouses are busier than others.  Just a guess but I agree with the last lady that other companies like Amazon etc send out their orders within a day or 2 depending on the item.  Those companies never take as long as QVC does.  Even HSN ships out much quicker.  

Valued Contributor

I agree. I shop from multiple online stores and most ship out the same or next day. I never understood why it takes days to process an order, especially if the item is presented on air. I can understand a delay if it's an item from the website, but if you are presenting something on air it should be ready to ship immediately! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mosky     News flash!  Yours is not the only order QVC has to process this or any other week.  The fault lies with you for waiting until the last minute to place your order.  With the transportation delays all online merchants are experiencing, it's wise to order at least 4 weeks before an event.  Times have changed. 

I don't think QVC can continue to use this excuse for a practice they have had since BEFORE Covid.  True some retailers are having problems getting their merchandise out, but most are not.  For the Q, IMO it's just an excuse.  

Respected Contributor

Hi, mosky.  I ALWAYS bump up my shipping and it ships out pronto and I get it in two days and it's.........UPS     ALL THE WAY!!!!!

It costs !3.50 on my dime but that will be added to the easy pay payments.  I don't order tons of stuff, only what I really want and need.  Paying for the better shipment means I don't have to baby sit my orders.

When you place an order, it immediately defaults to the 3.50 shipping method which has VERY low priority. 

There are merchants that will pay, some won't.  The Q used to but BEFORE covid the quality went down.  Sad.  I used to always praise them for GREAT customer service too.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

every company I order from send out my orders SAME DAY or next day... I received them in about two days... with Amazon SAME DAY many times... QVC is the dinosaur of shopping networks. Out dated,,, out of touch... probably will go out of business. Anything QVC sells can be found else where and obtained faster.

In my humble opinion, you have nailed it.