New Contributor

Why does it take 10 to 15 days to process a refund after you have received the return?

Honored Contributor

Re: Why does it take 10 to 15 days to process a refund after you have received the return?

@msel The best place to post this is on the Customer Care forum.

Or send an **email** to

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

They are EXTREMELY helpful

Respected Contributor

Re: Why does it take 10 to 15 days to process a refund after you have received the return?

[ Edited ]

How long do you think it should take and the process used?

I ask only because I would think it would take time from when you ship it back to being received, to being assessed, to being reported, to the report sent to the accounts receivable then to accounts payable, to your credit card or bank to receive payment, to then communicate this.

Esteemed Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ :  When I drop off an Amazon return at the UPS Store I get notified within 30mins that my return has been credited.  QVC evidently is using 1990 technology in 2021 ( and gets to use customer's money for several additional weeks).

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@msel I recently tried QVC's "easy" returns and was pleasantly surprised. I received my refund within a day or so!!  Excellent new service they provide. Try it, you'll like it 🙂

New Contributor

I  did use easy returns,  and was surprised when they sent me a email saying they had  received my return and it would take 10 to 15 days to process. I purchased with Q card 

and now have to pay for item before they issue refund. Poor customer service!

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ :  When I drop off an Amazon return at the UPS Store I get notified within 30mins that my return has been credited.  QVC evidently is using 1990 technology in 2021 ( and gets to use customer's money for several additional weeks).

Whoa...not just same day but within the hour? That is pretty amazing. 

Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@patbz wrote:

Whoa...not just same day but within the hour? That is pretty amazing. 

The account is "credited" is the key phrase.  Which means there is a note attached to your account.  It still takes several days for the charge to be removed from your credit card.  So depending on your dates and credit card cycle you may have to pay the bill and then get the credit applied to your account.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@msel Sorry to hear that. Mine was refunded next day but it wasn't on my Q card.  I was shocked at the convenience of it, & very pleased. Hope you get an answer as to why it's different w Q card. 

Respected Contributor

I am sure they are short-staffed like everyone else.