Why did QVC remove prices on items recently on air?

I am very busy and don't have time to click on every item to see if I can afford to purchase it or if I think it is over priced!   I am really getting upset about this as the holidays are getting near...I really  hate to do this but if prices are not put back I will switch to the other 2 home shopping channels as it takes to darn long to check for all prices!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why did QVC remove prices on items recently on air?

Because people are more likely to purchase an item if QVC can get them to click on the item.  People also don't pay as much attention to the total price if it's not listed in the show line up.  Just another sleazy QVC move.

Frequent Contributor

I believe it is because they have raised the prices so much.  I have noticed how expensive things have gotten on the show, and I personally do not think the quality is there anymore!

Respected Contributor

I've already complained about this 2times on their FB page. Also, I seriously was going to order an item(NEW) that was "1 day only" special price. When I went to order it was on "waitlist", then AFTER midnight it was available, but at the higher price.  NOT COOL QVC!!!

Honored Contributor

That would be annoying. I clicked on three items in a row only to get a message that the item was unavailable. Get them removed if we can't buy them.

Honored Contributor

Strange as it seems, QVC clearly does not care if they lose sales.  Strange way to run a business.

Valued Contributor

I agree that this new practice makes shopping much more difficult. I am an on-line shopper with QVC and don't watch much of the presentations on tv.  Mainly I do this because it is faster and convenient.  Now, not showing the price (without clicking on the item) slows everything down and is VERY inconvenient. I also feel like I am being tricked into buying something.  It leaves me with a bad taste.  I have started checking out other sites to do my shopping.  I am hoping QVC will do away with this practice, as I rather shop with them.  I hope the managers are reading these posts and considering customers input1  I don't know how long my patience will last.... 

Honored Contributor

@ickyviciva wrote:

I am very busy and don't have time to click on every item to see if I can afford to purchase it or if I think it is over priced!   I am really getting upset about this as the holidays are getting near...I really  hate to do this but if prices are not put back I will switch to the other 2 home shopping channels as it takes to darn long to check for all prices!

Sounds like a good plan for you.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed that some of the recent items on air are missing prices and some are not. I suspect that this is a way to increase page view metrics by making more clicks. But it's a balancing act because it may or may not work if the website is slow to load which can be the case for QVC. That may turn off the potential shopper from making or completing a purchase.

Respected Contributor

I am so confused reading this thread.  When I am on my laptop and view Items Recently on Air, all the prices are there.  When I am on my ipad I have trouble even seeing items recently on air, except for the last hour of shows.  I think the apps on devices are not the best.  I prefer to go to my laptop where everything is clear.