Honored Contributor

Re: Why are a lot of the hosts and models in clothes that are too small for them?

@Styleovertrend   Because they all want to say they are a size 0.  Too vain for me.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Why are a lot of the hosts and models in clothes that are too small for them?

Carolyn addressed this one time saying the stylist told her she looked better in a smaller size, so that's what she was given to wear.  Evidently buyers were asking why she wore her clothes too tight.

The stylists are lying to her and/or they hate her

Esteemed Contributor

Wondering how much time they are given to try something on.  And wondering if sizes are uniform from product to product.  If asked to model... no doubt I would be asked my size and it might not fit because what they handed me had a totally different measurement. 

Super Contributor

I think beause of LG...so many pile on clothes that have nothing to do with each other  I will admit LG is not as clown-like in her fashions..I just don't understand why anyone would pay so much money for a top that will be completely hidden by another expensive top !

Super Contributor

I agree SK always wears clothes too tight for her.  She is not a "little" girl...When she says she is in an XS  I just laugh and think.."you shouldn't be"  !

Occasional Contributor

Too funny! I laugh out loud when S K says I am in an xxs.. i 

We can see she (& others) have gained COVID weight...

A few of my friends have battled that too because they work at home..

I don't buy clothes from Q though...but sometimes I watch just for giggles lol

Occasional Contributor

I don't care for that style myself, I refer to it as teh "I have on everythign in my closet" tops becuase some of them are actually made to look like you are wearing three tops together.

I sometimes wonder if the sizing is sometimes way different.  I tend to shop more from the site than from the shows.  In the spring I ordered a top from Attitudes by Renee in my normal size and it was huge so I had to exchange for a smaller size. This fall I orderd a similar top in a different material and went a size larger than normal because of availability and it is nearly too tight.

Respected Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

I've thought for years now that often the hosts and models look like they are wearing a size too small for them.  Then, once years ago, I heard the term "shrunken jacket" being a style, and I figured that was why....it was just more fashionable to wear tight garments.

It seems ridiculous though, when it is obvious a host or model can't button or zip their garment.

As for Shawn, I think she has been gaining some weight slowly over the past couple of years.  I am NOT saying she's in the least overweight.  She just looks more filled out then she used to, and somewhat wider in the middle.  She looks good, I think, but I remember her as being much more slender in years past, almost too thin.

Now she just looks more "well fed" as my brother put it tactfully once when I was complaining about being fat.  He told me I didn't look "fat" I just looked "well fed."

As for Shawn, maybe she should start wearing the "extra-small's" instead of the "extra, extra smalls" she always says she wears.  I think she's in denial about her true size.

I've noticed that too and it got me to wondering if she's pregnant.

Now, before the message board police start losing their s*it, that's not a nosey or disrespectful question; as they say, there's no harm is asking.

Respected Contributor

@CARMIE wrote: My Re: Why are a lot of the hosts and models in clothes that are too small for them?

@CARMIE wrote:

My guess would be that QVC does not have every size available on set.  They probably get in sizes that fit most of the models and hosts that usually do presentations for that product.

In other words, you can only wear what is available.  If Amy usually does a show and she is on vacation and Jane or Shawn is filling in for her, the clothing will probably be a little too small.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QVC is one of the biggest mail-order businesses around and they ought to use their clout to INSIST that there are enough sizes of the garment  so that ANY size model can show it off. Don't those people understand that wearing clothes that don't fit doesn't make the model look bad, it makes the merchandise look bad.