Respected Contributor

Re: Why always the same items on "In the kitchen with David"

I think some vendors pay to have airtime and others don't and are content to just be on the website.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jinlei wrote:

For the 150 millionth time we get to see The Vitamix!  So sick of this blender, I could vomit.  I will never buy one because I am sick of seeing it!  Yes, I turn the channel whenever I see it.

-----------------

I agree!! Every time I clicked on the Q channel, there was that wretched blender.  Not only that, hasn't anyone figured out that it is really difficult to hear the vendor talking as he stands behind a working blender???  Channel changer for sure....

Respected Contributor

I cannot watch that show any longer.  Every time I turn it on David is doing updates on colors and how many sold.  I often wonder when he constantly lets us know how many are sold in this show alone, if he is wanting to know his own numbers to see how he himself is doing.  It is very annoying indeed. It is almost like he runs out of things to say so he constantly goes over numbers sold and how many are left of each color.  That along with the same old stuff is a channel changer for me. He sure sweet talks the "older women" watching with talks of his Mom.  

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find myself watching David's programs less and less. Strange as ITKWD was the one I most looked forward to. The products don't change up very much, and I find his on air persona/schtick has become increasingly annoying. Don't get me started with his talk/laughing that seems to be happening more often.  It's faux enthusiasm.

Occasional Contributor

I have never owned anything from Breville but the Breville blender Q gets very high ratings everywhere, so I don't really know how good it is but I do know that I am sick of watching the Vitamix presentation over and over again. QVC acts like they have nothing else to offer just like Shawn has taken over as host every night. I have stopped watching because of it. And one more thing that is so enoying to me, is the TVS's are being presented at nauseum all day long which they never used to do before either.
Honored Contributor

It's the "NEW" QVC show the TSV infomercials for hours & the show I enjoyed has now become unwatchable.

Sometimes, I even think David knows his viewing audience is bored & wanting more but he's a salesman and has to do his job "sell sell sell".  Most likely this is why every product he asks his producer "how many sold", "going fast", etc....

3 hour shows turn into 45 min of TSV no matter what product, food, and a "few" kitchen things.

I just go online to see what was shown.

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes I wonder if he prefers to have certain vendors on his show because he is more comfortable around the ones he knows. 

Occasional Contributor

I am not a fan of ITKWD and never have been but I watched when I had nothing else to do until I got so bored listening to what they were selling that I changed the channel. I used to be more interested in this show because I used to look for kitchen appliances but lately this show stinks in my opinion because it's the same old stuff they are presenting. I am tired of seeing Mark Charles, Lock and Lock, Vitamix and a bunch of otherones. And how about good old Shawn flooding our TV screens day in and day out, I am tired of seeing her as well.
Trusted Contributor

They have not had anything new on this show in 5 years.  VitaMix, vacuums, cleaning stuff, etc.  I think if I see that Vitamix or Dyson vacuum one more time I will vomit.

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I cannot watch that show any longer.  Every time I turn it on David is doing updates on colors and how many sold.  I often wonder when he constantly lets us know how many are sold in this show alone, if he is wanting to know his own numbers to see how he himself is doing.  It is very annoying indeed. It is almost like he runs out of things to say so he constantly goes over numbers sold and how many are left of each color.  That along with the same old stuff is a channel changer for me. He sure sweet talks the "older women" watching with talks of his Mom.  

@Catch71  And I have noticed lately, though I no longer watch DV too often, is that since the same items are shown over and over, he has the shtick down so well that he talks through the presentation so fast he actually is slurring his words...how stale and boring is that along with him watching himself eat on the camera monitor!