Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Why always the same items on "In the kitchen with David"

OVC has so many fabulous diffent kitchen appliances and other kitchen items listed on their website, but yet we get to see the same old stuff each week and once in a while maybe something new. I am getting tired of it I must say to see the same things presented over and over again. For instance, why present the Vitamix blender all the time, how a out presenting the Breville which is a phenomenal blender. There are many other items we the viewers never get to see, it's always the same old, same old.
Honored Contributor

Re: Why always the same items on "In the kitchen with David"

IMO that can be said about QVC in general.  They have a huge warehouse filled with thousands of items and only a fraction make it to TV.  Too bad!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Gabbs1  Totally agree! It is very rare we see something new. ITKWD has the largest viewing audience. You would think they would showcase new things so they get to present to the greatest viewership. David's followers have seen this stuff over and over again. Today, the Rabit wine stoppers were something they only bring on seasonally, so they were a good gift idea. But, let's face it. Most of us are not going to buy the Vitamix or the special blade for gifts or for holiday cooking.

Trusted Contributor

For the 150 millionth time we get to see The Vitamix!  So sick of this blender, I could vomit.  I will never buy one because I am sick of seeing it!  Yes, I turn the channel whenever I see it.

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Gabbs1  Totally agree! It is very rare we see something new. ITKWD has the largest viewing audience. You would think they would showcase new things so they get to present to the greatest viewership. David's followers have seen this stuff over and over again. Today, the Rabit wine stoppers were something they only bring on seasonally, so they were a good gift idea. But, let's face it. Most of us are not going to buy the Vitamix or the special blade for gifts or for holiday cooking.

Sorry, but ITHKWD is really getting stale.

Respected Contributor

Gabbs1, QVC does this in all catagories. Repeat, repeat, repeats. Snooze I agree. Perhaps due to the cost of airing 'live' decisions are made based on this. 

FYI........I dislike Breville applicances. I've had a couple of them, most recently toaster. It's just as bad as all the other toasters on market.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Sorry, but ITHKWD is really getting stale.

@Jinlei  I agee, and it is so sad! I'm not a shopper, so ITKWD was a way for me to find innovative and useful kitchen items to use and give to my firends. I found so many things my friends and family found to be surprisingly helpful. Lately, however; not so much.

Honored Contributor

I bet poor David hates it when the alarm goes off and he has to get up to go do another boring ITKWD.  The only thing that makes it bearable is a lucrative paycheck.

I have the cutest toaster which I ran across accidently.  There was a line of these brightly colored appliances in crayon colors.  It works great.  I've never seen any of them on TV.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Stale? I like that description ...... let me do my "happy dance". As for David hating it when his alarm goes off he probably sets the alarm as early as possible. Wonder how many of the ideas for his programs are his suggestion. I guarantee he "happy dances" all the way to the bank!

Valued Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

IMO that can be said about QVC in general.  They have a huge warehouse filled with thousands of items and only a fraction make it to TV.  Too bad!!

I doubt that those items are in the warehouse.  More than likely these items are vendor shipped.