Honored Contributor

Why Wear the Clothes in the Show……

......if you are just going to hide everything behind an oversized topper, jacket, handbag, etc.?

I love how some hosts are team players and will wear the clothes in their shows.  However, sometimes they completely cover up in layers.  It's so frustrating.

This morning, for a pair of Idina Mendel jeans (A518884), why wear the jeans at all? 

The shopper cannot possibly see the advantage of wearing the clothes on air. Suggestion: Please show the item if you are wearing it, and give sizing information to help viewers actually shop.

Respected Contributor

Re: Why Wear the Clothes in the Show……

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper Yes, yes, yes to all you said.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

You make a good point.   For me it's the darn half tuck thing all the time.........I would like to see how the top hangs on the body and how long it is!!!!     

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  - for a very long time Leah has been guilty of hiding behind cross body handbags, over sized toppers and standing with posture in such a way I cannot discern the flow-drape of the fabric or the outfit.  I miss the old days when she had the BEST posture, showcased the clothing BETTER than a store mannequin and showed the outift with perfection on her frame.

alas, the past is the past.

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal 100%! 

I think the female hosts should always wear QVC fashions, no matter what they are presenting. AS LONG AS THEY ARE AVAILABLE. Wearing a top or outfit that was on the air 3 years ago and no longer available is a huge no. If it creates a conflict due to the design team then I apologize for the post.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Super Contributor

I thought that was the models job to do that. These host can't win for losing. I think they are styled that way and sometime they to want to feel comfortable on air as well. Leah has great posture but even she don't always have the final say because it is chosen for her. I can remember them wearing their own clothes at one time. They have people telling them the latest trends, I have heard them say that. 

Esteemed Contributor

Because many times i think the clothing may be ill fitting...or doesn't do any favors to particular hosts so they don't want the viewers to notice....it drives me nuts when the sleeves are pushed up and you can't distinquish

if they are full, 3/4 or elbow type sleeves.........or when scarves are around the necklines of many different type necklines and you can't tell how it would w/o coverage....

darts don't go to the areas anymore that they should except on the skinny models, boots covering pant lengths ..........as someone had mentioned a while back in a post..."they put the jackets and other covering clothing on to hide something that may not look good".......i agree

Respected Contributor

Totally agree.  Leah had on the topper over the Idina Menzel dress this morning and I really wanted to see how the dress alone looked on her.

Honored Contributor

Did you see Leah in the blue outfit this morning? 

Check out the video for A518883.

Occasional Contributor

It looks like Leah has gained some weight and is trying to hide the extra pounds making her appear frumpy and much larger than she is.