Honored Contributor

Re: Why Do The Mods Play Favorites??

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

What's up with these calls to the QVC President? I see this statement in other social media sites when someone doesn't have their way.  It's a shopping channel Forum.  I'm sure the Mods have supervisors or managers who monitor their work. If you've already pointed out something to them that you feel they missed or judged incorrectly....the Mods either missed your suggestion, or they do not agree with you.

It's QVC's Forum. It's a tough job. They may not be 100% in every person's eyes all the time; I think that would be impossible to do.  I for one appreciate their efforts.

Can you even imagine?  I've seen posters more than once talking about the calls to the President's office.  I can only imagine the conversations that go on in the President's office about these whacky phone calls.

If I ever waste my time calling the President's office to complain about what is going on here on the message board, it's time for me to step away and take a long, longe break from posting.   

@Lipstickdiva. I agree with both of you.
I have observed this happening a few times with one poster. Shortly after she announces what she will do, the whole thread is poofed. I don't like it because it says this one poster has control of the board. Only the mods should have control.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@fitfuninformed wrote:

My goodness!  How old are you, 10?  I'm embarrassed FOR you...

@fitfuninformed

What a rude and condescending post.

How old are you....8? Personally I'm embarrassed for YOU.

You just made IG's point.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What's with the whining about a website and its mods where you are just another anonymous poster?   You don't own or control these forums so, like it or not, Q can do what it wants and change the rules anytime.  It feels like a kindergarten playground. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what supposedly "nasty" threads the OP is talking about but if one of them is the one asking "Sharan" to slow down, I don't consider that nasty.  The OP of that thread stated that she thinks Sharon is talking to fast.  That is a valid critique for that poster.

Someone may or may not agree with the critique but nasty?  If someone's sensibilities are that delicate, I think this board isn't for them.  In fact they are going to have a hard time in life period.

There are probably other boards more suited to what they want.      

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Who is the poster who keeps saying she's calling corporate?  I never see that.  I don't doubt it happens but I just never see it.

I don't know. But whoever does know couldn't say directly anyway - it would be instantly pounced on as "calling out" that person, and against standards.

In another thread, someone asked "where's your proof/links that this happened?" An safe, empty question. Someone would be hanging over the forum just waiting to trap anyone who would post the scoffingly "asked" for information and whoever posted it would be dinged by both the moderators and the Court of Forum Opinion. Yeah, not that naive 🙀

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

If memory serves, I seem to recall one poster, (I forget who) said that one of the mods was her "close personal friend", and one call to her "mod friend", and she could have a thread closed.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

If memory serves, I seem to recall one poster, (I forget who) said that one of the mods was her "close personal friend", and one call to her "mod friend", and she could have a thread closed.

HH

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

HH

If so, the BFF has fallen down badly in her duties multiple times with regard to catering to and guarding that poster :-) It hasn't been happening much lately.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Actually I believe her.  She has been around a long long time with many nics and gets away with consistently rude and nasty posts that provoke others to respond, THEN the posts get poofed when she gets called out on things. She cries and "quits" and is soon reborn with another name and the same nasty behavior.

It has been going on for a VERY long time.  I guess it makes her happy. . . 

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

HH

If so, the BFF has fallen down badly in her duties multiple times with regard to catering to and guarding that poster :-) It hasn't been happening much lately.

I noticed that too.  She doesn't have the same level of protection that she once had.  She even admitted to being put in a time out a few times.  LOL