Respected Contributor

Re: Why Do The Mods Play Favorites??

I too have noticed and have posted how inconsistent the moderating is.  It seems like some hosts who are criticized have sorority sisters or spouses who are attorneys working on the boards because anything negative is immediately shut down.  Other criticisms of different hosts are allowed, some fair criticism and some quite harsh.  Also, some threads are allowed to go on forever.  Clearly some hosts are favorites with the moderators and are protected.   I'm not challenging, just observing.

Respected Contributor

Thank you to those who understand that there is an inconsistency in the allowing and/or disallowing of certain threads. 

To reiterate, I don't care what gets discussed on this board; however, when I see threads taken down because they are unkind and I see post that are truly unkind left up, I don't understand.

When David was criticized for so many things that people didn't care for, all I could think of was his mother reading them.  I would hate to read criticism of a close friend or relative when I knew it wasn't warranted.  Especially by people who no one will ever see or know, but they sit there throwing stones. 

Someday we are going to be judged on how we treated our brothers and sisters and I would not want to be in those people's shoes.  When asked why they had to say such nasty things about people they didn't even know, I would love to hear how they are going to answer. 

I guess the Golden Rule doesn't apply to message boards.

Honored Contributor

The mods have a busy job and can't be everywhere.  If there are threads violating the standards, report the thread as inappropriate.  I am guessing that's how the other threads got closed.

Respected Contributor

This is exactly what I would like to know --

Why are people so nasty?  What good does it do to say ugly things about someone?  Do the upper management at QVC actually say "oh no, Suzy Homemaker doesn't like the way our host is selling things.  Tell them to sell it like Suzy Homemaker wants".  I truly don't think so.

So to get to my point.  Many nasty things were said about Isaac last evening.  The mod stepped in and closed the thread and DELETED all the posts.  They added the sentence "unkind to our vendor".

On another thread many nasty things were said about Sharon.  The mod stepped in and closed the tread BUT DID NOT DELETE all the posts. 

My question is why?

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

The mods have a busy job and can't be everywhere.  If there are threads violating the standards, report the thread as inappropriate.  I am guessing that's how the other threads got closed.

Yes...this is a "Duh" thing for me.

If (figurative) you don't report a thread or post, yourself, how can (figurative) you know for certain that it was reported? And if you don't know for certain, why cast aspersions on people who (you assume) "ignored" it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

My intention was not to go back and forth; however, I was trying to give the mods the benefit of the doubt in hope they would respond.  When the locked the thread called "Sharon is Unwatchable", it would make good sense to then delete all the posts -- no?  When they locked Isaac's, Amy's, etc. the posts were removed.  I do not understand why not for Sharon.

I specifically have startd two threads and I used the word "Mod" in the titles.  I would think by now the "Mods" would have them -- no?

The mods used to be on top of things immediately.  Now, not so much.  

I'm trying to figure out what the mods do besides moderate.  Does anyone else know?  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

A thought comes to my mind?  Who do these people run to in the real world with no moderators around?  This is a forum, people will post things you don't agree with, but they have the right to their thoughts and opinions.  Personally, I think too many threads are poofed, and closed.  After all, we are adults.  If you don't like what someone writes, just move on.  

Respected Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

This is exactly what I would like to know --

Why are people so nasty?  What good does it do to say ugly things about someone?  Do the upper management at QVC actually say "oh no, Suzy Homemaker doesn't like the way our host is selling things.  Tell them to sell it like Suzy Homemaker wants".  I truly don't think so.

So to get to my point.  Many nasty things were said about Isaac last evening.  The mod stepped in and closed the thread and DELETED all the posts.  They added the sentence "unkind to our vendor".

On another thread many nasty things were said about Sharon.  The mod stepped in and closed the tread BUT DID NOT DELETE all the posts. 

My question is why?

Maybe they (the moderators) have differing opinions of what is unkind and/or offensive.  They are people too.  No two moderators will have the same outlook on things.  Let them do their job as they see fit.  If they weren't performing their tasks up to QVC's standards, then I'm sure they would be let go.  Things can't always be what WE want.

Respected Contributor

IMHO the Mods do play favorites with show host's and people that comment on the boards. Get one that does not like someone and watch the deleting begin.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

If they prefer to criticize let them "walk in this person's shoes". Don'y worry God will judge them later.