Contributor

Why Can't the Hosts Taste Food???

What does tasting the food possibly have to do with COVID? It RUINS every food presentation that is on the air!!  I think it is totally STUPID and going a bit too far!!  If anyone can offer a logical explanation, please do!

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Can't the Hosts Taste Food???

I don't know the answer to your question but when they were tasting the food posters here complained how they didn't like it. 

Respected Contributor

I agree, it seems pretty silly to me.  Going overboard and it does ruin the presentations.  The other night I was watching the host selling David's cookies and she wanted to take a bite of one so bad it was obvious.  I wanted to say, go ahead and eat it!  I also wanted a bite.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   Some posters are always complaining about something.  Can't please everyone.  Just as many as complain; there are many who don't mind hosts tasting the food.

Honored Contributor

@Jimstr 

Because food presented on air is handled by many people, food stylists, camera crew, host, etc. and sits under hot studio lights for who knows how long?

During our current situation, would you want to eat it?

I sure wouldn't.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Hasn't this poor dead horse been beaten enough????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now that I'm here, they should also have plastic spoons for dipping into various tubs of face cream.  Instead of their fingers.

They often dip their fingers into the tub, then rub the cream onto their hands, then re-dip their fingers into the cream.

Something about doing that bothers me.  I guess I'm just worrying about the next person doing the same.

Small, plastic disposable spoons might be a better idea.  That way the cream stays 'fresh' and non-contaminated.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

i don't know why they can't taste the food anymore, but i don't understand why it would ruin the presentation. whether they really like the taste or not, they're going to make it look and sound like they do. it's up to you and not them, to decide if you want to try it. 

Honored Contributor

@Jimstr wrote:

What does tasting the food possibly have to do with COVID? It RUINS every food presentation that is on the air!!  I think it is totally STUPID and going a bit too far!!  If anyone can offer a logical explanation, please do!

@Jimstr    It's company policy.  That's all we or the QVC employees need to know.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The host on HSN drank the tea she was selling today.