Honored Contributor

Re: Why Can’t QVC Hire Someone to Check Reviews?

Maybe when this forum shuts down for good, the mods can go help out the review person.  He/she obviously needs help.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree that the reviews are much to be desired. Someone mentioned that some reviews are useless because the viewer says I can dress it up or down, or wear it to church. I think those  comments might be somewhat helpful as to the casualness or dressiness of the fabric.

Also, I'm not at all surprised that reviews don't include size information. The hosts themselves have been neglecting to announce the models sizes recently. Yet there's a lot of announcing the hosts sizes...I'm wearing a XX Small if that helps.

I noticed Susan Gravers show on Thursday mornings  there's no mention of  the models sizes. Announcing the sizes Rebecca or Adrienne are in would really help me out. I can usually judge from how it fits those models; if I should go up a size. But no...no sizing  for the models recently; yet  I know Pat has on a medium and Susan an X small. 

Many reviewers are just repeating what they've been told during the presentation. The comments are stuck in our heads 😝 

"They Dont pill, or fade, dog and cat hair won't  stick to it and you'll have these pieces for years and years! " 😂 

What about that thread awhile back that brought to light the silly reviews about black and white snowman decorations? Did anyone read those reviews? They were hilarious and so not helpful. 😝 Never should have been posted. 

Trusted Contributor

for me I get more reviews in the forums than on the product page Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I know that this is a rehashed subject--but I think it needs to be rehashed. Yes, I hate reviews about shipping problems or "the outfit looks so great on me". Well, good for you. That doesn't help the rest of us decide to purchase the outfit or not. I try to put size measurements in my reviews. I don't always get around to it, but I try. Also, is the material a knit, stretchy, scratchy, cooling, too hot, etc...? Does the outfit shrink in the wash and dry? Wrinkles? Need ironing? I could go on. THAT is what helps in deciding to purchase. For shipping problems, call or e-mail the company for that. Don't tell the consumer. That doesn't help. 

To get off the subject a little--I hate candle/shower gel/lotion scent reviews!! It's a pet peeve. When I try to see what a particular scent smells like, you'll see tons of reviews "it smells so good". "It's a pretty color." "My boyfriend loves the scent on me" UGH!! I don't care. What does it smell like? Chocolate? Raspberries? Burning leaves? A skunk? Give me a reference. Just a little venting on that subject....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@reviewer from sc   Good points.  Also will someone please tell us if a garment sold in winter is warm enough to keep us comfortable on a chilly day?  Fabrics get thinner and thinner.  I guess they have to sell shirts in twoes and threes because that's how many you'll need to wear to keep warm.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Every post on this thread deserves a heart.  Please vent your shipping woes on the board, not on the reviews.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't even bother reading reviews on most things anymore...

Honored Contributor

I check reviews elsewhere, just like I price shop, to get more info if I'm interested in something. 

Reviews are handled by a computer program, not a live person, and often by third parties. They are published as long as they meet the criteria in the algorhythm. I don't care if they post about shipping problems or the man in the moon. It is not worth taking up space in my brain.

Super Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

for me I get more reviews in the forums than on the product page Smiley Happy

Me too @northiie57!

Contributor

@beach-mom I may be the exception, but after being a longtime QVC Shopper, I have never used the "Reviews" until this year. I was recovering from several surgeries & had to make many new choices from Clothing to Beauty to Household items. I tried to stay within the brands I was familiar with, but that said, I was really in need of additional info, considering the strange irregularities we were experiencing with inconsistant sizing & quality etc. I checked everything I could, that had a review, & found them very helpful. I appreciate what you are saying about the yadda yadda surrouding reviews left about issues that didn't have anything to do with the product, but I just went past those to the ones that were more helpful.

What I did find helpful was to realize that as I experienced horrible delivery, product condition & return issues, I wasn't the only one. I found the info that people left about these issues very helpful. They helped me stay clear of brands that I previously liked, but that now were experiencing some changes, inconsistencies or other problems.

I plan on paying it forward by leaving reviews this winter... I really am grateful & depended on the ones that others left!