Honored Contributor

Re: Why All of the Nasty Threads About Shawn?

One question... Why do people torture themselves watching a host they don't like??? Masochistic behavior just is unappealing to me.. If someone annoys me I avoid them.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11

Agreed....and add Sharon F's hair to that list, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I believe that most of the ladies have seen the change in Shawn since she became the star.  Cat Very Happy  Personally, I don't care for the change either.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Trinity11

Agreed....and add Sharon F's hair to that list, LOL!

@KingstonsMom Sharon I rarely watch because the food shows make me hungry lol ... but she always looks cute and current when I do see her..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

One question... Why do people torture themselves watching a host they don't like??? Masochistic behavior just is unappealing to me.. If someone annoys me I avoid them.

@Trinity11

I agree!

I have enough going on in my life that really matters, to intentionally submit my time/energy/focus/brain power to anyone/anything that annoys me.

There's 1,000 things to do instead, that won't stress me out, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11,  There's a phenomenon called "hate-watching."   It's basically viewing a show, or a person, or even following someone on social media (even though we don't like the show or the people) "for the purpose of the enjoyment one derives from mocking or criticizing."    It's become a "sport" encouraged by social media (including chat forums).   Not that this is the reason for all those who continue to watch and then ridicule and disparage the same shows/hosts, but I really do think it explains some of this odd, recurring, dysfunctional cycle. 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Yes, it certainly does.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11,  There's a phenomenon called "hate-watching."   It's basically viewing a show, or a person, or even following someone on social media (even though we don't like the show or the people) "for the purpose of the enjoyment one derives from mocking or criticizing."    It's become a "sport" encouraged by social media (including chat forums).   Not that this is the reason for all those who continue to watch and then ridicule and disparage the same shows/hosts, but I really do think it explains some of this odd, recurring, dysfunctional cycle. 

Kind of like negativity is contagious... And yes, it's kind of like a new sport.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Kind of like negativity is contagious... And yes, it's kind of like a new sport.

@Trinity11

AKA: Pack mentality.

Respected Contributor

This thread is starting to get ugly with all the talk about hate. Woman Sad

Don't worry, be Happy!