Honored Contributor

Why All of the Nasty Threads About Shawn?

Day in and day out there are several threads concerning Shawn on at least 4 forums on any given day. They are rude and mean spirited! Her clothes, makeup and hairstyle are continuously being bashed, why is this being allowed?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why All of the Nasty Threads About Shawn?

@JaneMarple wrote:

Day in and day out there are several threads concerning Shawn on at least 4 forums on any given day. They are rude and mean spirited! Her clothes, makeup and hairstyle are continuously being bashed, why is this being allowed?

You made a post laughing at a snarky remark about Lisa Robertson, what's the difference?

Trusted Contributor

Ummmmmm - also Lori Goldstine

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

You made a post laughing at a snarky remark about Lisa Robertson, what's the difference?

The difference is OBVIOUS! Lisa IS NOT an employee of QVC! @YorkieonmyPillow

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

OMG........................................smh

Trusted Contributor

Maybe because many of us share the same view.  If there are so many posts, think about how many more people agree without posting . . . Enough said. . . 

Respected Contributor

Haters gonna hate

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JaneMarple wrote:

It seems to be happening more often.  And not only about Shawn.   I understand the moderators have to make judgment calls and also they don't see every post, but there's a lot of mean-spirited personal insulting going on.   People use the excuse of "just giving feedback."   In fact, it's pretty easy to see the difference in the way the "feedback" is offered, and it actually says much more about the person posting it than it does about their intended target.   I react with sadness when I see the threads/posts. 😕

"Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit — the parallel powers of your heart and mind — better than how you give feedback."  (Maria Popova, writer and critic)

Someone on the forums posted this not long ago (sorry, I can't remember who):   "What Susie says about Sally tells us more about Susie than it does about Sally."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Have you ever seen the live audience for Quacker Factory?  Enough said.  Jealousy.  Yes I used the jealousy word.  So what. 

Honored Contributor

I would love to see host/vendor insults on the list of 'not allowed' subjects...... JMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.