Respected Contributor

Re: Why All of the Nasty Threads About Shawn?

I think it is evident by the amount of posters on these forums that a lot of us are fed up with S.K. for a lot of reasons. Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

IG wrote:

I would love to see host/vendor insults on the list of 'not allowed' subjects...... JMO.

Good morning, @KingstonsMom!❤️    Your post piqued my curiosity, so I looked at the guidelines...   it is on the list of "not allowed."

"Discussions of a controversial or confrontational nature will be removed at our discretion.

The following are examples of topics that generally create a negative dialogue between Community members which will result in removal of the discussion and possible banning:

current events, politics, religion, and unkind comments about hosts, vendors, models, or employees.

Asking for and giving prayers is acceptable."

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Welcome-Get-Started/Community-Guidelines/td-p/1856684

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Some people attract more interest.  I've seen positive comments about her too.

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

why is this being allowed?

It's not being allowed.  Those negative threads are routinely removed.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Peaches McPhee wrote:

JaneMarple wrote:

why is this being allowed?

It's not being allowed.  Those negative threads are routinely removed.

It is being allowed, though.   There are several threads right now.   It seems to me a growing number are permitted to continue to go on and on, sometimes for days, and then they might be removed.   And as soon as one or more are removed, new ones pop up.    It's just odd, since the guidelines would appear to prohibit them.   Only the moderators know the answers, though, and we posters are left to wonder...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I would love to see host/vendor insults on the list of 'not allowed' subjects...... JMO.

Good morning, @KingstonsMom!❤️    Your post piqued my curiosity, so I looked at the guidelines...   it is on the list of "not allowed."

"Discussions of a controversial or confrontational nature will be removed at our discretion.

The following are examples of topics that generally create a negative dialogue between Community members which will result in removal of the discussion and possible banning:

current events, politics, religion, and unkind comments about hosts, vendors, models, or employees.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Welcome-Get-Started/Community-Guidelines/td-p/1856684

@dooBdoo

Mornin' Doobs!Heart

Thank you! I've been with Q for over 20 years and I guess I'd forgotten all of the standards!

They should start enforcing it, like they do with 'political' or 'religious' threads, IMO!

Fair is fair.......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

There are so many things that people do not like about QVC now, the product, the host's, the shipping charges, the return policy and more that this forum is the only place to vent. It does no good to contact QVC or any other shopping channel about issues that many have so we go here hoping that maybe just maybe someone might listen to us.

When so many people have issues with LOGO, S.G. S.K and others, at some point they will have to listen, I guess when they start loosing customers they might. I very rarely purchase anything anymore because of shipping, return policy and most of the time the product just does not do what they say it does.

So for now we will vent and if we are allowed to voice an opinion without getting into arguments or being just down right nasty we will continue to do so.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

IG wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

IG wrote:

Good morning, @IG!❤️    Your post piqued my curiosity, so I looked at the guidelines...   it is on the list of "not allowed."

@dooBdoo

Mornin' Doobs!Heart

Thank you! I've been with Q for over 20 years and I guess I'd forgotten all of the standards!

They should start enforcing it, like they do with 'political' or 'religious' threads, IMO!

Fair is fair.......

Hi, my friend!   I agree with you.   It's been discussed on other threads, the fact that we don't really know what's expected of us here when enforcement is so broadly uneven and erratic.   I "get" that some of it is subjective, but my goodness there are so many clearly personally insulting posts, almost contemptuous and cruel at times.   I gotta admit, when I see them day after day I wonder how or why anyone would feel so much animosity toward hosts, vendors and models, or why they devote any time or energy to writing such things.

Respected Contributor

I think people tend to post when they are upset about something or someone, more than they do when they have something positive to say.  I suppose it's human nature, I don't know, but it tells me that the negative posts here may only represent a fraction of the QVC audience.  If it wasn't working for them profit-wise, they would probably make changes.

Personally, I don't take any shopping channel seriously enough to give a hoot about the show hosts.  I only watch what and when I want to watch.....otherwise the channel gets changed.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

The posters on these forums are just a tiny drop in the bucket of QVC customers worldwide.

I believe 'rules' should be enforced fairly, across the board.

To prohibit one subject because it's against the standards, yet not prohibit another subject that is also against the standards is not fair, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.