Honored Contributor

I like the white soles on shoes. It's no different from people wanting those expensive red soles.

Valued Contributor

Re: White Soles

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart  I like them too.  I have a black Skechers Sneaker and a black bootie, both with white lug soles.

When in was six or seven, I wanted a pair of white go-go boots in the worst way.  My mother finally agreed to get them for me, but persuaded me to get black because they were more practical.   I wore them, but it wasn't the same.  

I swore when I grew up, if I liked something that wasn't sensible, I was getting it.  Maybe that's why I like them.  Late in life rebellion.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart  I'm in the white soles are okay group as well.  I think black soles on anything but all black sneakers/boots look like the old shoes the nuns would wear or work shoes.  Maybe I had too much parochial school growing up lol.  I can't deal with black soles on anything but black shoes/boots. Sneakers look fine to me with white soles.  And mine always come clean in the wash with some bleach and drying in the sun.  Never had a problem.  But I do understand there are those that associate white soles with "cheap shoes". It's their opinion  and everyone has one and that's why there are choices Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have lots of pairs of Skechers (leopard, navy, red, black, taupe) with white soles. I like them for casual wear. Looks fresher to me. I also have some black ones with black soles, they seem a bit dressier to my eyes. There's a place for all of them.

Esteemed Contributor

Count me in on the 'hate white soles' group - especially with black, dark navy or dark brown tops.  To my eye, the white bottom makes the shoe look so much bigger...almost like clown shoes!!

Respected Contributor

I'm fine with white soles on athletic shoes only.  They have recently started doing the white soles on non-athletic shoes and THAT's what I have a problem with.  As I stated in a previous post, those dark olive lace up shoes were awesome but it was like - winter on top, summer on bottom.  It ruined the look of something that I could have even worn to work.

Honored Contributor

I like white soles. They look good with many of my pants and capris. 

Esteemed Contributor
I agree 😁
Frequent Contributor
I want the soles to match the shoe color, or at least compliment the color.
Honored Contributor
I don’t mind the white soles on some of my shoes.

They look nice on my leather sneakers.

They look awful if they are dirty. A little soap and water on a paper towel cleans them.

I did use some black shoe dye on one pair that had thicker soles. Worked out great.