New Contributor

Where are the Northern Nights Down Blankets?

Why are there no Northern Nights down blankets in stock? I see that they recently debuted a 7-piece comforter set, but I don't understand why there are no longer any down blankets available. I have 3 of them and they are the best! I was hoping to replace one of mine that has seen better days, but no such luck. Does anyonw know why these are no longer in stock?

Honored Contributor

Re: Where are the Northern Nights Down Blankets?

Hold onto your petticoats @Minnemissy.  There's a Northern Nights Down blanket coming up as a TSV in a few days on the 20th.

The price of down must be way up because just about everyone has gone to "down alternative" which is just poly fluff and not nearly as warm as down.  The down blankets are hard to find for a reasonable price.  

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

About 2 weeks ago I sent 2 of my daughters down coverlets (whatever they're called) that were ALL totally down.

They were from HSN and they were a few hundred dollars off.  I only paid $99 each for them with free shipping.

So, what do you think?  My pain in the neck oldest daughter said she mailed it back because she doesn't need it!  I said, "Are you kidding me?"  It was an amazing buy.  That's the way she is....she sends back everything!

Anyway, they were beautiful.  They might still have some and maybe even cheaper by now.  They were king and queen size and said they had no other fillers in them....total down.

Honored Contributor

I find that the down comforters are much too warm for me but the down blankets are just perfect.  I already got the TSV blanket but haven't slept under it yet so I'm not ready to give a review. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I find that the down comforters are much too warm for me but the down blankets are just perfect.  I already got the TSV blanket but haven't slept under it yet so I'm not ready to give a review. 

@Kachina624, how does the comforter feel to the touch?   Is the cover smooth and soft like the "old" NNs?   I hope they have gone back to the old style; the most recent ones I bought a couple of years ago had a rougher finish than the originals.    I want the TSV but I don't want to pay $9.50 shipping.   Ugh.

Honored Contributor

@SarahW  When I go to bed, I shall finger the new down and compare it to my well-worn old down to see how they feel and get back to you. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624--  Thanks.   I look forward to your review!   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@SarahW  I'm ready with my report.  My old blanket is sort of a dusty lavender with a subtle woven stripe and is not extremely soft.  The new one, which I got in seaglass, has a subtle dot pattern, so subtle you can hardly see it.  The fabric has a feel like a crisp sheet not mushy soft.  It may have some sizing in it which will wash out.  I did recently get a down alternative blanket from HSN which is extremely soft but not as warm as down.  It was very inexpensive, under $25.  So there you are.  I don't know about the other colors but the seaglass is more pale than it appears in the pictures. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624--thanks for reporting back; I appreciate it.  My older NN down blankets are really soft and silky feeling material.  I tried to read the tags on them but they are too faded.   I see that the TSV does have 100% cotton cover so that's good.  I went to the Pacific Coast Feather Co. website (manufacturer of my NN blankets) and it appears the TSV is a good value based on what I saw there.     Thanks again.  

Respected Contributor

A bit off topic, but the people at Pacific coast down are sooo nice.

one of my kitties had groomed too much and left a gift on the down quilt in the guest room. 

I didn't catch it immediately so the stain went through the duvet cover to the quilt.

I called to ask some washing instructions. and they were very helpful.----Washed beautifully.