Honored Contributor

I get a kick out of some of the places they tell us where to wear stuff. The country club...yeah, sure. 

Esteemed Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

@Effie54 

At some point in the past they decided rulers were a big "no no". I have never been able to figure out why.  

I guess for me personally, it gives me an idea of how big a piece of jewelry is. So many times I've ordered earrings or a ring that was just a huge, because I couldn't see it next to a ruler for scale. 

Honored Contributor

To be honest, I think it is a great selling tactic.  When they say "wear it to church" like it or not you get an idea of what it would look like there.  If it pleases you, you might imagine yourself there in it.

To do or buy or use anything, you have to have a mental image of it, you have to imagine yourself doing or wearing it.  It just works that way.  If you can't see yourself in a situation, it's not likely to happen. 

Esteemed Contributor

Before giving us unneeded or unwanted information, how about giving us important merchandise information that we need: like fabric, inseams.

Esteemed Contributor

You can wear this to the mailbox to collect your QVC bills!Woman Very Happy

You can wear all these clothes dragging out your trash can and be the best

dressed in the neighborhoodWoman Very Happy

It's very yachty and you can wear this on your boat with your millionaire friends!Woman Very Happy

Just never forgot the one and only place to wear these outfits in the Fall,

Pumpkin picking because every one of us picks pumpkins!!!Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

What is it about going to pick out your pumpkins that's such a trigger to so many? Let's face it, without the hosts talking about it people would have one less thing to complain about and then where would we be? 

Shocker, I'm sure, but I go to several pumpkin farms every fall. I also pick cherries in the spring/summer as well as apples and peaches, and (gasp!) in winter it's off to the Christmas Tree farm whether I'm putting up an artificial tree or not. It's so fun to get out, enjoy the fresh air, and move! 

I think maybe a trip to the pumpkin patch might be more beneficial than some may want to admit. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

And don't forget the bridal showers, baby showers, graduations; it's that time of year apparently for those things, lol

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Well, I'm going to a wedding being held at the Wildlife Zoo, and I was thinking of wearing a leopard print jumpsuit.....   Would that be OK?   Would I offend any of the residents?

As long as you wear snake skin shoes you should be okay...

Esteemed Contributor

I can take my joggers and throw on some heels and jewelry, and I can go to any event. 

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

What is it about going to pick out your pumpkins that's such a trigger to so many? Let's face it, without the hosts talking about it people would have one less thing to complain about and then where would we be? 

Shocker, I'm sure, but I go to several pumpkin farms every fall. I also pick cherries in the spring/summer as well as apples and peaches, and (gasp!) in winter it's off to the Christmas Tree farm whether I'm putting up an artificial tree or not. It's so fun to get out, enjoy the fresh air, and move! 

I think maybe a trip to the pumpkin patch might be more beneficial than some may want to admit. Smiley Very Happy

I've been to the pumpkin patches and picked them, been to strawberry fields and picked them, even been to woods to cut my own Christmas tree. 

I never once needed anyone, to include a weather forecaster, to help me decide what to wear.

Seems to me the reason posters are complaining is that they, we, me would rather hear details about the items we're being asked to purchase. That, at least to me, should be paramount before anything else. That information can be sorely lacking.