Super Contributor

When writing reviews on clothing and shoes...

I'd really love it if customers who leave reviews on here include either their measurements, or if they don't feel comfortable doing that, then at least what size they normally wear vs. what size they bought.

I read so many reviews that just state "I bought this in a medium and it fits great" or something like that, but that helps no one. Are you normally a medium on QVC? A medium in brick and mortar stores? Do you wear a small and bought the medium this time?

If I'm reviewing clothing, I try to include my height, weight, what size I normally wear on QVC (and sometimes my bust if I think it's important).

I'm finding that many clothing lines are starting to vary with their sizing and we all know how expensive it can be to return items (unless you want to chance the exchange which is free, but half the time the size is unavailable).

Please keep it in mind next time if you happen to write a review! Thank you in advance!

Respected Contributor

Re: When writing reviews on clothing and shoes...

[ Edited ]

I agree, but I think many don't wish to share that kind of personal info.  It would help, tho'. Probably would save a few returns and disappointments.

Trusted Contributor

I really agree, I leave personal info-measurements, height ,weight.,medium fit as usual etc.  I appreciate other reviewers that do the same because it's so helpful.  It's not really personal, we're not using our real names. Just use a different nickname for reviews than you're nickname you use on the forum.

Respected Contributor

I love it when sizing info is mentioned because it's so helpful.  It's frustrating sometimes when the sizes offered are S, M, L, etc., but the review says "I bought this in a 10 and it fits great."  Really? It wasn't offered in a 10.  

Super Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I love it when sizing info is mentioned because it's so helpful.  It's frustrating sometimes when the sizes offered are S, M, L, etc., but the review says "I bought this in a 10 and it fits great."  Really? It wasn't offered in a 10.  

HaHa...I always wonder about those too! I have to go back and double check because I thnik I read the sizing incorrectly!

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@santorini  I currently wear a size 10 and many times when writing a review I had gone into lengthy explanations...especially when I had to size down.

Example: I would state I'm at the low end of my size M (10/12) being a 10 and I sized down.

I would further explain that I wouldn't recommend doing it unless they are also at the low end of their 'letter' size and not an apple/pear shaped, have a large chest or at the top end of their 'letter' size...say a 16 and a L being 14/16.

I often wondered if writing a more winded review such as that helped anyone...figuring most folks just skim through and don't read the long reviews.

Super Contributor

@Susan Louise  I'm one to read those reviews...sometimes I skim through the reviews just to find the ones who mention sizing info. I appreciate those long-winded ones because who wants to go through the return process if they don't have to?

Esteemed Contributor

@MM13 wrote:

I'd really love it if customers who leave reviews on here include either their measurements, or if they don't feel comfortable doing that, then at least what size they normally wear vs. what size they bought.

I read so many reviews that just state "I bought this in a medium and it fits great" or something like that, but that helps no one. Are you normally a medium on QVC? A medium in brick and mortar stores? Do you wear a small and bought the medium this time?

If I'm reviewing clothing, I try to include my height, weight, what size I normally wear on QVC (and sometimes my bust if I think it's important).

I'm finding that many clothing lines are starting to vary with their sizing and we all know how expensive it can be to return items (unless you want to chance the exchange which is free, but half the time the size is unavailable).

Please keep it in mind next time if you happen to write a review! Thank you in advance!

I have bought Dennis Basso pants , coats - they are true to size  in my experience . If you wear a  small 6-8 than that is  what  you get and  J Jason Wu , I've had the same experience XS tops & Small  skirts   . In regard to  tops from Issac , I found they mostly are true to size  as I order XS  , however a rare  time needed a size small .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 wrote:

@MM13 wrote:

I have bought Dennis Basso pants , coats - they are true to size  in my experience . If you wear a  small 6-8 than that is  what  you get and  J Jason Wu , I've had the same experience XS tops & Small  skirts   . In regard to  tops from Issac , I found they mostly are true to size  as I order XS  , however a rare  time needed a size small .

@skatting44  For me regarding Jason Wu...so far from that line I only purchased the TSV dress (black) and 2 of the matching cardigans (black & white). The cardigans fit perfect in the medium...however the TSV dress I had to go down to a size small and it fits perfectly. I think I'm edging into a size 8 from a size 10, but I'm sure it will take another 10-15 lb weight loss I'm working on. Since I'm so close to my goal weight, it now takes a month to lose 1-2 lbs...so it might take til early next year for me to be in a 'true' size 8...LOL

For reference, I'm 5'7" and my chest is about average...not large by any stretch...B-cup.

ETA: Your post reminded me to order a black/XS of that TSV dress while it is still in stock...thank you! Smiley Very Happy

I don't know if the small will still fit as well by next year when I lose another 10-15 lbs...

Honored Contributor

I alway say if an item runs true to size, small, or large - and how/where - but I don't give my size or measurements or other personal information.