Super Contributor

When is QVC going to establish a DEFAULT credit card choice????

It happened AGAIN.  QVC chooses which cc to charge that I have on my account! I have those there for a reason but QVC chooses any card when I phone in an order.  The least they could do is say the last two numbers of the card being charged so I can either accept or decline it.I think HSN does that (even though they DO have a DEFAULT choice that we can make.That part of their business model  is so much better than QVC's. If you don't have that problem I'm happy for you. I will not go with a QVC's because what I have pays me so much more than QVC's will ever match. QVC uses the last cc you used or some nonsense like that.  I've had cost. service try to explain it in some loony fashion that makes no sense. They need to just solve this problem once and for all and ESTABLISH a DEFAULT cc....PERIOD!  I've never had this problem with HSN!

Honored Contributor

Re: When is QVC going to establish a DEFAULT credit card choice????

If you don't want a particular card charged, delete it.  Or delete all your cards and add them on a "as needed" basis, as suggested by credit experts for security reasons.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I do all my ordering on line and choose how I want it charges. Isn't there a voice prompt that lets you chose the credit card

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

They charge the card used on your last order.  You have the option to change it on the check out page.  I had it happen to me once.  I have since learned to always check to see what card they are using befor I place the order.  

Esteemed Contributor

Given the recent problems, it would wise to remove ALL credit cards from their site.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Is right.  I once had several debit cards ( I don’t use credit cards) listed.

I didn’t know which one QVC would use, so I deleted all but one.

Problem solved.

Super Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

They charge the last card used on your last order.  You have the option to change it on the check out page.  I had it happen to me once.  I have since learned to always check to see what card they are using befor I place the order.  

No, they always default to the Q card on my account. I always have to change it to my visa but sometimes I forget.  

Honored Contributor

No company can ever guarantee me I am totally safe.  I'm just safe until someone makes a mistake, someone decides to hack, some technical device fails, etc.

For that reason, I never leave more than one number with any company.

The occasional purchase I want on a different card does not require much extra time or effort.   I find that better than leaving an exttra card on file.

Honored Contributor

@plmokn wrote:

It happened AGAIN.  QVC chooses which cc to charge that I have on my account! I have those there for a reason but QVC chooses any card when I phone in an order.  The least they could do is say the last two numbers of the card being charged so I can either accept or decline it.I think HSN does that (even though they DO have a DEFAULT choice that we can make.That part of their business model  is so much better than QVC's. If you don't have that problem I'm happy for you. I will not go with a QVC's because what I have pays me so much more than QVC's will ever match. QVC uses the last cc you used or some nonsense like that.  I've had cost. service try to explain it in some loony fashion that makes no sense. They need to just solve this problem once and for all and ESTABLISH a DEFAULT cc....PERIOD!  I've never had this problem with HSN!

considering how dodgy Q's site is, I personally wouldn't risk leaving any card onsite at all , 

however the OP's request is a reasonable one 

Honored Contributor

Phone orders offer the option to pick the payment method.  It may be better for you if you remove the card you seldom use.