Honored Contributor

Re: What's QVC's big deal with pumpkin picking?

They are selling the mood -- imagine the family fun of picking pumpkins (whether you do it or not), cool, crisp air, all the beautiful fall colors -- and you immediately feel the need to buy boots, cardigans and barn jackets.  

I've never gone pumpkin picking in my life.  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

GoodtoB..I actually did hear about that..crazy, huh?? 

Honored Contributor

I'll bet there is a lot of eye rolling by the hoste when they have to drag out the pumpkin picking story.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Pa has some great apple festivals and corn festivals that I have taken 2 days and driven 5 hrs 1 way to spend at least half the day at.  There is a small town that still has a Halloween parade as far as I know.  I did not go down last year.  The whole community turned out to support their young people.  Tractor trailers with strawbale lined flat beds carried little league, jv and varsity sports players and a couple of school bands.  The costume parade has all ages and children on the curbs are waiting for the candy be handed out to them by clowns, ghouls,etc ( all adults).  I went because I had been told about the towns love and support for all ages.  It showed and I was glad to be there to participzte.  Sometimes it seems everything is to commercialized and we forget the simpler things in life that can be done by a family regardless of your income.  I !I've the homemade costumes.  All of those holidays were enjoyed as a child and they are treasured memories.   Have fun making great memories with those you love.

Honored Contributor

At this point, I think pumpkin picking has become sort of a joke among Q shoppers and hosts.  Someone mentioned it years ago, and the thought of buying an outfit for that specific purpose was so ridiculous that it's become a joke.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

No pumpkin patches or apple picking in my small town. If you want pumpkins or apples you get them at Walmart or Kroger. Lol

Esteemed Contributor

I think it depends where you live.  I lived in Lancaster for 30 years and it was a big deal there, but in Florida, not at all.  We are still on the beaches in October :0)

Honored Contributor

I am old.  But I still get a thrill out of picking a pumpkin at the church sale or even the grocery store.  You get to pick out just the right one.

I am sick to death about hearing about pumpkin latte, pumkin, pumpkin spice this and that, pumpkin pie, pumpkin shakes, pumpkin coffee, and on and on and on. . . Good grief.  Do people really like pumpkin that well?????  Not me!  LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

It must be an East Coast thing. I have never heard of going pumpkin picking until QVC.   Like going to temple, bla bla bla. 

Honored Contributor

OH MY Gosh!

I am laughing-this thread deserves to be on SNL!

So many great senses of humor hereSmiley Happy Thanks for this-I needed itSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"