Honored Contributor

Re: What's QVC's big deal with pumpkin picking?

[ Edited ]

I have not read all the replies, but I have shopped on QVC since 1991, and I have been on the boards since 2005.  They have been yammering on about pumpkin picking since I started watching, and we have been making fun of it on the boards for as long as I can remember.  

I'm in New England and we do all those fall things, but we don't buy a special outfit to traipse around the pumpkin patch shlepping pumpkins and gourds.

Occasional Contributor

@KimmC wrote:

BUT... the best line I've heard in a long time...the other shopping channel was selling a Roomba..which I was interested in...so watched for a while. The selling point...repeated several times..more time to play POKEMON GO..I KID YOU NOT!!!Man Frustrated

Oh my that is a good one.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a very cute farm nearby (actually several farms) that offer hayrides out to the pumpkin patch and when  the kids were little we took them every year.  It was fun but it could be muddy so I never wore new or good shoes or boots to do that.

In addition, we also went apple picking and the farms all have haunted hayrides at night (mostly teens go) as well as bonefires, corn mazes and a farm stand with apple cider, apple & pumpkin pies....now I'm getting hungry thinking of it! Smiley Happy

It is funny how they talk a lot about pumpkin picking.  It's just something people do with young kids around here but I would never think of wearing new clothes to do it!  LOL!  It's like having a special outfit to go to the local farmer's market.

Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue.  I actually have Norman Rockwell prints and coffee mugs.  I enjoy looking at his pictures of times gone by.  Some of it is my memories and some my parents.  I can admire things and still have no desire to be there or to buy a product.  I have enjoyed the youtubes of fashion week and all of the designer clothes.  Most are beautiful and at the same time they never would have fit in my lifestyle.  I come from a pumpkin picking family and we now have a 4th generation to share the experience with.  We will all be dressed to have fun, get dirty, take a hay ride and have a great visit.  Oct and Nov are for anything  that means family fun that includes pumpkins, apples, apple and corn festivals, parades and of course Halloween.  Halloween is the only thing we dress up for and the costumes are in the making.  There are many local Halloween parties at the wineries, fire stations, etc for all ages and lots of homemade costume contests.  I do not see much house to house trick and treating unless you live in the city.  We all get enough sweets at the parades and parties.  Our young people are already anticipating.  Me too.  Yes, we also go to the tree farms and get the wagon ride out to cut down the Christmas trees.  Hopefully the wagons are still horse drawn this year.  Love my country life and all that comes with it.  Making beautiful memories one day at a time.