Honored Contributor

Re: What's QVC's big deal with pumpkin picking?

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

OH MY Gosh!

I am laughing-this thread deserves to be on SNL!

So many great senses of humor hereSmiley Happy Thanks for this-I needed itSmiley Happy

@on the bay   The girl in this photo needs to go bra picking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

OH MY Gosh!

I am laughing-this thread deserves to be on SNL!

So many great senses of humor hereSmiley Happy Thanks for this-I needed itSmiley Happy

@on the bay   The girl in this photo needs to go bra picking.

@Kachina624

now that I look again-yes you are right!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

You're right, Kachina. That blonde gal in the pumpkin patch needs an immediate consultation with Kathie Gindel! (I can hear Kathie now:  "Blondie, this lace underwire bra with the modesty pads included is just the thing you need for your pumpkin picking!")

Honored Contributor

appealing to the big 2 demographics young families and the grandparents.

who probably live in areas where you can go pick pumpkins

they need a new buzzword I agree

Respected Contributor

They do this every year. We just go to our local farm. Do you really need the perfect outfit to pick out a pumpkin?? Makes me laugh.

Honored Contributor

@KimmC wrote:

BUT... the best line I've heard in a long time...the other shopping channel was selling a Roomba..which I was interested in...so watched for a while. The selling point...repeated several times..more time to play POKEMON GO..I KID YOU NOT!!!Man Frustrated

@KimmC

LOL!!! OMG now we've heard it all.......gee I didn't realize how bad sales must be at QVC---TOO FUNNY!  Best laugh of the day!

@Kachina624  I can only imagine what you'd think of the host's selling point---yep, another Pokemon Go reference! Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gram W wrote:

Pa has some great apple festivals and corn festivals that I have taken 2 days and driven 5 hrs 1 way to spend at least half the day at.  There is a small town that still has a Halloween parade as far as I know.  I did not go down last year.  The whole community turned out to support their young people.  Tractor trailers with strawbale lined flat beds carried little league, jv and varsity sports players and a couple of school bands.  The costume parade has all ages and children on the curbs are waiting for the candy be handed out to them by clowns, ghouls,etc ( all adults).  I went because I had been told about the towns love and support for all ages.  It showed and I was glad to be there to participzte.  Sometimes it seems everything is to commercialized and we forget the simpler things in life that can be done by a family regardless of your income.  I !I've the homemade costumes.  All of those holidays were enjoyed as a child and they are treasured memories.   Have fun making great memories with those you love.

@Gram W @Sooner

Even though I live in Texas and a big city there are a few pumpkin patches around....mostly at churches and proceeds go to charity.....It is nice to drive buy and see all the pumpkins it makes you realize that fall (or Texas's version of  "fall" )..... Outside our city is a small community that even has a fun corn maze......and in another outlying small town---this man and his wife go all out decorating their land next to their house for fall with beautiful flowers scarecrows etc (and in spring it's gorgeous and filled to the brim with spring flowers).......People here go all out for Halloween in the  neighborhoods---the subdivisions really decorate ---driving through its like driving through a different world......some have giant spiders and pumpkins....some have cute scarecrows, some have scary stuff...something for everyone!

The only thing I criticize is QVC hosts's pushing a special outfit to wear for the occassion...LOL, but if someone wants to take it to the extreme ---- have fun with it!

And as your said our society has forgotten the simpler things in life that are fun......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I go to Wegman's grocery store for my pumpkins.  QVC tells me to wear Muk Luks and Carole Hochman lounge pants at the grocery store.  Or is that to walk my dog??

Honored Contributor

This thread goes to show that people will complain about anything, even something fun.  What's a good name for the Halloween equivalent of Scrooge?

For me, picking out a pumpkin is a bigger deal than picking out a Christmas tree, since I don't get a Christmas tree or celebrate Christmas at all.  Not everyone in this country does, yet QVC makes a big deal out of the trees they sell also.  Just pass it on by, but don't begrudge it to the people who do enjoy it. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

This thread goes to show that people will complain about anything, even something fun.  What's a good name for the Halloween equivalent of Scrooge?

For me, picking out a pumpkin is a bigger deal than picking out a Christmas tree, since I don't get a Christmas tree or celebrate Christmas at all.  Not everyone in this country does, yet QVC makes a big deal out of the trees they sell also.  Just pass it on by, but don't begrudge it to the people who do enjoy it. 

@Pearlee  I thought the OP's opening thread showed a bit of frustration, yes.  But quite honestly, I viewed the majority of all other posts that followed to be more tongue-in-cheek harmless fun, not Scrooge-worthy at all.