Respected Contributor

Re: What is Jane Brown doing? She looks silly dancing......unbecoming!!!!!!

I like Jayne, but I detest all the silly shenanigans that the hosts are into these days.  Is it the younger customers, or the older ones they are trying to impress?  I'm definitely an older ones in age, and because I was there while they were still CVN. I just don't see that dancing, shaking your booty, singing, making stupid faces, etc. prompts anyone with anormal amount of intelligence to buy something. For me, it sends me at top speed to the remote.

Honored Contributor

I like Jayne and I think she is especially good at presenting clothing.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree with you completely. Jane is a great host and a pleasure to watch.  I love her sense of humor. I don't understand these viewers that feel the need to pick apart and criticise the hosts when they probably couldn't do a fraction of the job these hosts do.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Save the dancing for Dancing with the Stars. 

Honored Contributor

Love Jayne...her personality, her laughing, her dancing ,her enjoyment of her job, her friendliness....I like all of it. It's nice to see someone who enjoys life. I hope she never stops laughing and dancing.

Honored Contributor

I like Jayne.  I didn't see this but this much I know....if you have a lot of rhythm and a song with a good beat comes on...it's very hard not to bust a move!! 

Valued Contributor

Just for a minute,imagine you going into your favorite department store.You go up to the salespreson,to ask about the blouse,you are interested in buying,and she starts to dance.You wait for her to finish,and then she starts laughing hysterically at something her co-worker said and after that she starts talking about being starved and what she wants to eat.All you want to know is "what colors does the blouse come in?" You have lost tnterest and are now leaving the store! 

Honored Contributor

@mosky wrote:

Just for a minute,imagine you going into your favorite department store.You go up to the salespreson,to ask about the blouse,you are interested in buying,and she starts to dance.You wait for her to finish,and then she starts laughing hysterically at something her co-worker said and after that she starts talking about being starved and what she wants to eat.All you want to know is "what colors does the blouse come in?" You have lost tnterest and are now leaving the store! 

*************   I understand what you are saying and I wouldn't like it either in the situation you wrote of above.  I see this as different.  First, it's live TV and the hosts have to talk about the same item for soooooo  long. I would lose my mind.

I think joking around and acting up a little probably relieves some of the monotony.  Also some people are just spontaneous and fun loving.  That's what I like about Jayne.  It makes her who she is.  Cookie cutter hosts, for me, would be so boring.  If it was a day I just wanted to "get on with it" .... I would just move away from the presentation and look it up on the computer.  I think if QVC thinks that a host is not doing his or her job properly they will most certainly  say something to the host. They.... of all people... are not out to lose money!!

Super Contributor

What is wrong with these Host's? Do they not know that life, is a somber, serious business? 

Buttoned down apparell, nose to the grindstone, no deviation from product information! 

Silly, no one should ever look, or be, silly!  What does she think; it's OK, to have a little fun, at work?

Where do they find these people😈 

Honored Contributor

She is a good host, when she presents alone.