Respected Contributor

Re: What happened to the pricing at QVC?

Yes @SandySparkles it is helpful for me as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's a combination of things...increases in cost of doing business, tariffs, free exchanges, free shipping days, sales, cost of carrying increasing easy pay debt, integrating HSN, loans, remodeling warehouses, and many more things I can't even think of.

Of course, all of that is reflected in the prices we pay for QVC's products.  

As far as seeing products in higher price ranges, was the sweater cashmere?  QVC has been selling handbags over $200 for quite some time. Still, I'm seeing significant price hikes across the board that are surprising.  

There still are very good buys on QVC.  Watch for clearances, sales, introductory prices, one day specials, and lunch and prime time specials.  

Honored Contributor

@auntgranny wrote:

When QVC offers an item and says s&h is free,  you can be sure it is disguised in the total price.  

I disagree.  While I have seen prices fluctuate even from day to day...JUST like Amazon....not one single item in my Wish List had a price increase on free shipping day.  Not a single one, and I ordered a lot.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but for me, free shipping was exactly that.

Now with food, yes, I would say the shipping cost is included in your item price, but the free shipping did not affect any item in my wish list.

Esteemed Contributor

@auntgranny wrote:

When QVC offers an item and says s&h is free,  you can be sure it is disguised in the total price.  

Maybe you can be sure of that, but I can't. There are events where the vendor has picked up the s&h...has nothing whatsoever with QVCs pricing.

Occasional Contributor

Almost $500.00 for a hair styling tool.....but, free S&h. Unbelievable!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC is doing what has been the downfall of many retailers...leaving their original, targeted demographic behind in search of a newer, younger group of customers. The prices now are ridiculously high, especially when the clothing now seems rather dated to me...even the new stuff. I don’t see the ruffled, bell, and otherwise fussy sleeves on tops in stores or on other sites. The garish florals. The high-low exaggerated hems. Qvc doesn’t seem to be are on top of current trends now. The trends seem to be QVC’s, no one else’s.

Honored Contributor

@auntgranny wrote:

@auntgranny 

Maybe for some things but not all.  I have many beauty items that I purchase & re-purchase from QVC.  When it is free shipping the cost of the item is the same as when I purchase it without free shipping.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I am still trying to figure out why a Barefoot Dreams polyester blanket is $136?
Honored Contributor

Q imports a lot, especially from China, so tariffs are increasing prices.

Valued Contributor

Many stores have items made in China.  I haven't noticed the price increases w/them as with QVC.  Why is that?