Occasional Contributor

What happen to the high standards QVC had?

Lately I have received things that clearly were returned items. A GILI jacket on wait list finally came but was thrown in a bag and it was obvious it was returned. I see other reviews with the same complaints from others. Even the most popular items arrive and just aren't as high quality as they once were. I stopped buying Temptations as the painting on many pieces was sloppy. I ordered a TSV computer early in Sept/Oct. All day long they were selling the same color and I never received it. It was for xmas. I waited for it as they claimed they would likely get it but never did. They never made good on the deal (ie offering a different color or comparable computer). TSVs lately are constant repeats! Another vitamix blender? Ugh! My elderly mother bought something a couple years ago and checked her credit card statement the next month only to find a huge invalid charge made by QVC. Years ago when they had big bold gold shows I bought expensive earrings only to receive an empty box! Needless to say my trust in QVC has been weak by these incidences. I realize it's hard to find good help but someone needs to step things up. I was a big QVC fan at one time and know how addicting they are but am surprised how things aren't nearly as good anymore. Customer service? Sometimes good, sometimes not. I prefer ordering online so I don't have anyone charging my credit card as happened to my mother. I realize nothing is 100% safe though. Hope to see positive changes in 2015!
Occasional Contributor

Re: What happen to the high standards QVC had?

I use to buy A LOT on QVC, but now purchase very little now....everything is made in a foreign country, the craftsmanship is poor. Temptations painting is kindergarten-looking, Clothing sizes vary within the same item/size-one fits, one doesn't. Sewing is sloppy... Etc.... Jewelry is very cheap looking or made, or so over-priced for costume. It only takes a moment to check online to find your QVC deal is not such a deal. When other online shopping sites or stores offered free shipping on purchases over $35, $50 and offer a % discount ...why not buy there? Customer Service.... The 30-day unconditional money back guarantee...I received a letter from QVC corp telling me that I needed to review andpurchase items better, that I was returning too much and my guarantee or membership was possibly up for cancellation. What the Heck? I paid my Qcard off and only purchase minimally now. I remember the old days of QVC, member since 1989, when they offered items that you could not find easily...Peterboro Baskets, Fenton Glass, Boyd's Bears...American made items. Sorry to say, QVC has really gone downhill over the past few years...Tired of the same shows/items over and over and over... luckily there is satellite tv and Internet.
Occasional Contributor

Re: What happen to the high standards QVC had?

I actually live near Peterboro Baskets. They have a website too. It sounds like what QVC required of them was too much. Doesn't surprise me. I do believe they probably want companies on the air that are willing to do everything for nothing. I'm shocked at the Clarks pricing. I've been googling some Clark shoes I like and find them much cheaper online than what QVC sells them for. It's tough to tell QVC addicts these things (I believe I was once a QVC addict...lol) so thanks for your feedback. I expect to really upset some but it is what it is!! Happy New Year!