Respected Contributor

Re: What ever happened to elegance?

@Johnnyeager wrote:

There is probably an appropriate middle ground between "elegantly dressed", whatever that may entail, and looking like a lazy slob, which has become the norm for a few.

We must watch different shows on the Q as I've never seen any host dress like "a lazy slob" as you put it. All the shows I've seen they are nicely attired.  Never seen one with "uncombed hair" either.  And if you're referring to Shawn's shows--spec. Shawn Saves Christmas--she's in her jammies on purpose for that show.

Trusted Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

There is probably an appropriate middle ground between "elegantly dressed", whatever that may entail, and looking like a lazy slob, which has become the norm for a few.

We must watch different shows on the Q as I've never seen any host dress like "a lazy slob" as you put it. All the shows I've seen they are nicely attired.  Never seen one with "uncombed hair" either.  And if you're referring to Shawn's shows--spec. Shawn Saves Christmas--she's in her jammies on purpose for that show.

---------

I totally agree!

The idea that home shopping networks, would, put lazy slobbish looking hosts, on the air to represent them, is ridiculous! 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi. Those are beautiful boots.  I love the rich mahogany color.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Wow! So many rude responses. SMH😕

@Starpolisher. I haven't seen a single response I'd call "rude".  There are several which are painfully truthful that you may not like but they're not insulting or rude to anyone.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I think LR displayed elegance maybe once in three months.

(I LOVE Isaac and Shawn.)

@insomniac2. She looked beautiful and elegant when she dressed up for her Italy and special Christmas shows, otherwise not so much.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@NurseGayle  I think elegance may be the wrong word.  But I do agree that QVC and most all retailers are selling differently. They are selling what people want and need right now.  Dressier outings are not the norm. If retailers want to survive, they must adapt, just like everyone else.  The ones that could not be flexible have already gone out of business.

I just changed out my closet from spring/summer to fall/winter.  I realized I wore less than 5% of my clothes 100% of the time in these last eight months. All of my dressier clothes for -- work, date night, luncheons, nicer outings -- just hung there.  

It would be poor sales strategy for QVC to still sell so much of those things when the majority (not all) have no need for that right now.  

@Caaareful Shopper 

Exactly! I was a woman who wore a dress or a skirt to work everyday except on Friday's, where you might get me into a pair of slacks. An even rarer occasion would be Jeans. 

I started telecommuting back in March. I would go into the office on one day for a few hours and that was it. No one was really there, so I started wearing jeans on those days. Fast forward 7-8 months later. I now go into the office two days a week and telecommute the other three. I cannot tell you the last time I have worn a dress. It seems so over dressed now because I am at home wearing shorts most of the time.

Church is online, from home so I am normally in front of my laptop, once again wearing shorts. 

I am not going to dinner and outings with friends, so I really do have a very casual lifestyle now.

Under no circumstances, will I ever be reduced to wearing sloppy pajama looking clothes in public. LOL

Even though Shawn says it ad nauseam, I believe a large percentage of us really are living a more casual lifestyle.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Starpolisher. I haven't seen a single response I'd call "rude".  There are several which are painfully truthful that you may not like but they're not insulting or rude to anyone.

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Kachina624 

That's  your opinion and of course you're entitled to it. I consider your post, specifically to me, rude! 

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Life is a lot more fun if you relax and be yourself.... including with what you wear.  If someone wants to dress with so-called elegance, fine.  If not, it's no one's business.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NurseGayle. Do you mean Lisa's long Gumby jeans she wore night after night?

Had to get nasty didn't you???    I will never understand why people such as yourself, think you're doing yourself any favors by belittling other people.

Esteemed Contributor

How someone is dressed on television is the business of every viewer.  They are on television, not lounging in their living room.....or bedroom.